All reviews across the street room was clean sausage salt water pool night stay hotel is conveniently located small table rooms are decent included breakfast is nice outdoor pool wifi speed pancake maker swiss chalet free parking easy access fridge and microwave plenty of parking
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

I come here often for business and never had any issue.

Staff is great and friendly (shout out to Shaleen for being especially awesome).

Also, room is always clean and breakfast is more than serviceable.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed having travelled from the U.K.
2nd time we have stayed there.
Reception gentleman at check in was wonderful. I believe he is part time so apologies for not knowing his name but he was very helpful and friendly.
Housekeeping were beyond polite and courteous. Actually some of the best we have experience.
My only comment would be, please have metal cutlery at breakfast.
Trying to eat and cut the pancakes etc with bendy plastic forks was not ideal and somewhat frustrating.
Other than that, lovely budget hotel with everything you need.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

We stayed from 27 of May up to 1 of June 2018, and we enjoyed our stay in the Holiday Inn Express. Our room was every day taken very good care off, by the very friendly Jenny of the second floor.
Bed made, bathroom cleaned and fresh towels every day.
So Mrs. Jenny of the second floor thank you very much.

Best regards,

Gerald & Manuela

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 June 2018 via mobile

Wow...their shower was awesome! I've traveled many times for pleasure and business. Many hotels have cost cutting measures by reducing water pressure so they can save money and use less.

Now after a long day e1 need a decent shower, Holiday Inn Whitby has the best shower.

They also have warm cookies in the evening, however, you need to be there early as they run out fast

Luckily Madison was nice enough to save me couple cookies...my recommendations, make more

Thank you Rest of staff for making my visit pleasant and comfortable

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2018

I travel 4-8 times a month and always stay at Holiday Inn as per company policy. This one was a step above.

WiFi was fast. The rooms were large and the king size beds were very elegant. The best part was the powerful hot shower - it's hard to believe they use low-flow as required by law. Parking was ample and free. AC was quiet but efficient even though temp outside was in the 20s. I cannot sleep in a warm room, and it stayed at 18 all night.

Asked for a late checkout at 2pm and they didn't charge me extra. I will definitely be staying here during future travels.

Sales manager was also a cutie. :)

Room Tip: Avoid first floor if you want quiet, as there is a lot of traffic.
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Sandy S, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Whitby Oshawa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Dear MartinLawrence70,
Thank you for your kind review. We enjoyed having you as our guest and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Will be sure to share your feedback with our team and Sales Manager :)