“Exquisite and very luxuruous Hotel”

Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Dorval
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Nice, clean and modern hotel just a few steps from the airport. Don't need to go outside to go to the airport departure level...Good value and very modern;-)))))

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

I travel the world for business. I usually have trouble giving 3 stars and have had a few 1 stars. I just realized today that this hotel is perfect for business travel. Location, quiet rooms, nice restaurant, good fitness center, wifi that works, comfortable and clean, decent price. Maybe not the world's best view from the window but I'm not looking out the window. This is the place to stay for business travel.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 11 February 2012

As an American Airlines pilot I have stayed in a million hotels. This place is sincerely one of the best hotels I have ever been to.
The staff first of all is first rate. Very friendly, courteous, and just generally pleasant, and very hard working.
The rooms were immaculate, spacious, and very comforartable. Flat screen TV's, very comfy beds, and best of all QUIET1 I cannot understand how they can make a hotel IN THE AIRPORT, and make it so I could see planes out my window and not be able to hear them at all.
Wonderful hotel

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 6 February 2012

We had a very early flight out of Montreal and didn't want to bother the family for transportation. The hotel is very convenient for that and easy access to get to the gates.
We treated ourselves and got the Presidential Suite, one of two at the hotel. I expected more from a Marriott, decor was very neutral, almost bland. The King size bed was wonderful and comfortable with great bedding and pillows and we didn't hear any airplane noise. The living room had a lot of wasted space and a hard couch and uncomfortable chairs.
The bathroom was okay, individual sinks, bathtub and and separate shower and toilet for privacy. The bathtub was fiberglass and hard to get in and out, looked good, but nothing special.
Because of the convenience to the airport we would stay here again but we wouldn't take the Presidential Suite again.

Room Tip: don't bother with upgrading to Presidential Suite
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2012

This hotel is great for convenience, however, be very careful about checking your folio upon checkout. I stayed at this hotel for an outbound flight Jan.21st and the week later on the night of Jan 29th from a return flight.
On the first night, my reservation stated that it included room service breakfast, so we ordered room service breakfast. Since I added an additional tip I stopped into the desk to get an updated invoice and discovered that in fact they didn’t waive the total room service breakfast charge. I questioned the front desk and was told if a rate includes breakfast then it means you are to go to the buffet in the restaurant. I challenged that and presented a printed copy of my reservation and was told that management would be in contact with me. Upon my return from my vacation there was a message indicating that the charge would be reversed.
On the second stay, on my return flight, there was a notice on the check in counter, stating that there would be a test of the fire alarm between 0400 and 0500hrs, so guest services offered to waive charges for internet. The week before when I agreed to the charges of $15.95 it included internet and long distance calls to Canada, which is also stated on the corporate website, so I agreed again as I was assured the charges would be reversed. This room was booked utilizing Marriott points so when I checked out I was under the impression that there would be no charges as no copy of the folio was left under the room door due to there being no balance. I also subscribe to email copies of the folio and have yet to receive one of those either. Much to my surprise when I checked my credit card statement there is a charge of $26.56. When I called to enquire about that, they said it was because I placed calls from the room and that only the internet was free, yet the in room documentation and the hotel website clearly states that the charge of $15.95 includes calls to Canada and the US, however, they state I was only offered free internet which didn’t include telephone calls. This is very misleading as it should have been clearly stated that this offer didn’t include calls when I was able to make calls the week before. I must say this is a very poor business approach to use and is misleading to the consumer. My advices are double check your room rate and what is included, and always get a final copy of your invoice upon check out!! I was also told that I would be contacted by a supervisor (Tanya) within 24 hrs, and I am still waiting for that call.
The only good thing I can say about this hotel is the convenience to the departure level at the airport. There are plenty of other hotels in the area that all provide shuttles daily, and as for my next flight those are the options I will be checking out. This Marriott has left a sour taste with me!!!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank jayman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dorval
Dorval / Airport / Train Station
Aloft Montreal Airport
Aloft Montreal Airport
#47 of 165 in Montreal

Been to Montreal Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK