“Great Service, yummy treats!”
Review of An Edible Life

An Edible Life
Ranked #67 of 126 Restaurants in Canmore
Reviewed 30 May 2017

We were staying across the street from "An Edible Life" and on Sunday morning we wandered over to get breakfast and coffee. Unfortunately they are not open on Sundays. Just as we were heading back to the hotel the owner pulled up and she told us to come in and she would get us whatever we needed. I tried the Chia Donuts with Cashew cream and they were amazing!!
They have lots of choices and options to choose from in the cooler and they even offer healthy smoothies.
The owner was so friendly and accommodating offering to serve us even though she was closed. This is a level of customer service that does not exist in many places any longer.
I will be back (during business hours) the next time we are in Canmore!

1  Thank bcheley

Reviewed 3 April 2017

The chia doughnuts with cashew cream were delicious. We ordered the Yam and Kale stew for dinner and it was great! We will go back! Very friendly staff too!!

1  Thank Sheryl R
Reviewed 26 December 2016

This is the second time I have ordered food from An Edible Life, and my husband and I love everything! We ordered food for a week for our ski trip near Lake Louise, and we have been enjoying everything Carole makes. Let's start with breakfast. The granola and breakfast wraps are simply delicious! For lunch, we have hummus and tabouli salad. The dinner entrees range from curries to shepherds pie to stuffed shells. Most of the ingredients are organic, and everything is of outstanding quality. Carole was so nice to work with, she answered my emails promptly and had some good suggestions. She is a fabulous cook! I also like the fact that her business sponsors a young athlete in the area. I am looking forward to next year and Carole's delicious and healthful cooking! Thank you, Carole!

Reviewed 14 December 2016

I am a local and a frequent customer at Edible Life. It's very healthy, made from scratch food. Lots of gluten-free, dairy-free options. There are both vegetarian and meat options. You buy meals there to take to your home or your hotel to heat up. They have both frozen meals or meals in the fridge. There are some dessert and smoothies options too. My current favourite dishes include the Ha Ling curry and the yam and kale stew. There are a couple tables there, but it is more of a take-out place. It's in the Kananaskis way area, so easy walking distance to Solara, Falconcrest, Mystic Springs, Windtower etc.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

I am so sad that the food from this well-meaning establishment was so poor. The food was reminiscent of bad food I would end up cooking as a student, with no real understanding of food. We had a couple of different chicken curries and a shepherds pie - all were woefully under-seasoned, and very blatant and unsophisticated in their preparation. We were hoping we could have a few meals from here and save ourselves the somewhat astronomical prices of restaurants in town, but sadly it is not to be! I wish them well, as what they're trying to do is admirable, but the quality of the cooking has to improve dramatically if they are going to have longevity.