“Our meals and experience were great”

Murrieta's Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 126 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 101
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 11 September 2017

The wait staff were friendly and attentive, the view of the mountains and the main street from the second floor dining area next to a large window was enjoyable. The beet and goat cheese salad was excellent and the beef and roasted pepper wrap with a lot of good fries was very tasty. The prices are competitive for the Banff area, and we felt it was good value.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

So the restaurant itself looks nice. Went for lunch. Menu is sparse to say the least. Wasn't offered the special sounded good ( couple next to me were offered it and I over heard) anyway went for fish and chips. Cold chips not a good start, but the fish was old tasted like rubber and to make things worse the batter was the colour of curry and soggy. The server said oh that's tempura batter that's why it's curry yellow!! I don't think so. Didn't eat it sent it back was offered something else. Just didn't fancy anything. Think I'll give this place a wide berth in future.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

My wife and I both had salmon, and it was cooked very nicely, although the portion was small. The vegetables were also good. Our waitress was wonderful and the overall atmospher was good, but I thought it was a bit pricey.

1  Thank Donmac451
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Feel free to skip this place. The food is over priced, service is non-existent and when the food finally arrives, there is no flavor / taste. After a strong recommendation, we decided to give this place a try last weekend. The place wasn't full so there is really no excuse for the service we received. Yes, views are great from most tables but that's about it. We did not order a starter, and the waitress waited until our meal arrived to bring us water and while she did provide a drinks menu, she never came back to ask if we'd like any. We were looking for salt and pepper (that's how bland our food was), and they never brought us this either. Of note - table did not have S/P. We ordered the chicken and Bison dishes and both were over cooked and bland.

The only part of the service that was quick was the check. She left the Credit card reader at our table and walked away; so did we and hope to never go back there again. This was easily the worst dinner of our 12 night stay in Canmore/Banff.

Reviewed 3 September 2017

We had spent the morning hiking and came back parched and hungry. We wanted something a tad quieter than the hustle and bustle of the outdoor seating restaurants. We had great food. My son had a steak and potatoes that he devoured. Hubby had a spicy pasta and sausage and I had an amazing meatloaf. All tasty and delightful. We had amazing service with smiles and speed. All was awesome. We were quite surprised that it was part of a chain as it had the feel of a one-of restaurant. our's was a late-lunch, early dinner. I would recommend it for either option.