“Busy spot in town with healthy bowls and nice coffee”
Review of Communitea Cafe

Communitea Cafe
Ranked #4 of 136 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$ 4 - US$ 10
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Downtown canmore's fresh & healthy cafe. We have live music select evenings. Asian Fusion, Breakfast, Sandwiches, Thai, Vegan and Vegetarian
Reviewed 15 September 2018

Stopped in to check out this busy neighbourhood spot - all of the seats were taken already with a growing queue, so we just decided to grab coffees to go. The menu has lots of healthy bowls and salads as options, all with unique combos of ingredients, not your standard Caesar salads or anything.

Free Wi-Fi too! Great place to refuel and figure out what to do next.

Reviewed 3 September 2018 via mobile

We ate here three times while in the area. Food was amazing. One of us just learned they were gluten intolerant. This was a great place to accommodate for that. The only thing I didn't like was when I asked about sugar substitutes they rather condescendingly told they had stevia, the healthy sugar substitute. It isn't if you are allergic to stevia as my wife is. There are reasons to have alternatives. Condescention is never pretty or appreciated.

2  Thank 46,749
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Everything was just great! From the moment I walked in I loved it all! You really can tell that the staff take pride in their food m. They want to ensure good quality food is served and that is exactly what one receives! The food was just delicious! My cousin and I went everyday we were in Alberta! It was our little tradition each day. What we ate included: the avocado toast, grilled cheese (different than what i thought it would be; but wonderful of course), yoga bowl (add avacado & tofu), protein bowl and pad Thai (with shrimp). Their macaroons (lemon poppy was my favorite) are yummy too! For the drinks: My cousin is not a coffee drinker & we loved their coffee!! The maple syrup latte was just delightful (had it made with almond milk). Also their organic teas and lemonades were good too! The environment was so lively! And for the staff...they were amazing!! I really got to know them the four days we were there and they were all so nice! They would actually have a conversation and made you feel at home! If you are in the Canmore area you seriously should go!

3  Thank Mona B
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

I get the Vegan Burrito! I order online most times to avoid the line but sometimes it’s worth the wait if I do have to stand in line! It’s a very organized system, the ordering and serving. I love the decor, the vibe is very healthy and clean!!! Highly recommended to anyone that has a restrictive diet. Great drinks too!!!

1  Thank Ferrin J
Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We had a long road trip ahead of us to continue on so we got a bowl each to eat a few hours later. I had one with hummus which was phenomenal and filling. My man had the shrimp poke bowl that was very flavourful but smaller than he hoped so we had to get him a bit more food. Beautiful cafe though and friendly staff. The girl checked to ensure we had the dressing for both the bowls one last time before I took them. Great attention to detail and tasty food people can feel great about eating!

1  Thank lgleed