“Good - but over rated”

Ranked #22 of 135 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$ 6 - US$ 22
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Tavern 1883 is a new family friendly restaurant and bar located in the beautiful Rocky Mountain town of Canmore, Alberta. Named after the year Canmore was established in 1883, the Tavern is a comfortable, welcoming room with delicious fresh food and fabulous beverages. Open daily for lunch and dinner, weekend brunch and late night live entertainment Thursday through Sunday. Situated across from a lovely park with great views from it's sunny patio!
Reviewed 3 October 2017

Fish & chips were good , so were the burgers. The place is small and very loud.
Sensory overload. Music playing , to many TV's going all with different stations, and close quarters - tables to close together. Highly recommended by locals but I proably would not go back.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

We both had burgers with the truffle fries. Really really good. Great service-we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

This place was so relaxed and I really needed that after traveling. Grabbed some lunch and a pitcher of beer. The tomato soup was amazing. Wait staff was very friendly.

1  Thank cansand
Reviewed 27 September 2017

This pub serves micro-brewery beers - hence the name. Burgers were done to perfection and a good size. Pub is very popular and crowded. Were hoping for live music - but wasn't on the night we were there.

Reviewed 27 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I had spent most of the day traveling. We were hungry and wanted some good food. This place was recommended to us by the person who checked us into our motel.

My first impression when I walked in was "nope, I am done". It was loud and crowded which I was not in the mood for. I was hungry and tired so we gave it a try anyway. We had to shout and raise our voices to talk to have any kind of conversation. To me, it appeared like they tried to fit as many people as they could into this place as possible and still be fire safe.

I ordered the fish and chips while my wife had the Tavern Classic Burger. The Fish and Chips was good but my wife's burger was raw. She showed me and it was pink in the middle. It would have been the perfect rare steak to me but I don't think I would have ate it and I don't mind a little pink in my burgers.

I doubt we will come back to this place when we are in Canmore again due to my wife feeling nauseous after the little bit of food she ate and the atmosphere of this place. It wasn't a sit down, enjoy your meal and have a conversation place to us. This would be a good place if you want to be loud, rowdy and watch and football or hockey game.