“What a great place to be”

Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed at the Falcon Crest Lodge for a two-nights stay.

I had a warm welcome from the front desk starting at check-in and completed by a phone call to my room to make sure everything was fine and perfect with it.

It is my first time ever in the Rockies and I am happy I choose FCL. I had a great meal at the Indochine restaurant on my arrival day. I took a dip in the two hottubs of the hotel, I had extra pillows in my room to complete the already cosy and confortable bed and was also given a pitcher of orange water ! What a nice attention !

I will certainly come back again, since I did not have time to do everything I wanted !

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I've stayed here twice now and loved it both times. Both stays were in one of the 1 bedroom suites, which are larger than the condo I live in so it seemed very luxurious to me! Had full kitchen, living room, and laundry machines, so you could easily stay here long term comfortably, or just feel right at home on a short stay. For me the outdoor hot-tubs are the real attraction, nothing like sitting outside, surrounded by mountains, and soaking your bones in hot water! Great even in the winter.

Front desk staff told me they are renovating the rooms later this year, and since they are already nicely appointed (except for the old tube TVs which are being replaced with flat screens), they should be even better shortly.

Only reason I didn't give it "excellent" is because it is wood-framed construction, so noise tends to carry between rooms a bit. I sleep with ear plugs anyway so it never bothered me a bit, but I suppose it would be a slight drawback if you are a light sleeper.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 April 2012

all in all nice rooms - really really nice kitchens and bathrooms, but the keystone of a hotel room - the bedroom - is sorely lacking: small hard/very firm beds, and cheap pillows.

Fantastic view of the mountains, but bring your earplugs as the trains roar through a couple of blocks away throughout the night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dylmark
FCLManager, General Manager at Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review Falcon Crest Lodge and allowing us to evaluate our services and continue to be the #1 hotel in the Canadian Rockies. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your kitchen and bathroom, and sorry to hear that you did not find your bed comfortable! At the Falcon Crest Lodge, we highly value the guest experience and our staff is available 24 hours to assist you with requests for extra bedding or different pillows. Your comfort is our first priority!

Tip for travellers: Although the train tracks are not immediately next to the hotel, we recommend that guests who prefer a quieter room request a courtyard-facing, non-adjoining unit.

Reviewed 5 April 2012

After staying here i see why the reviews are so good , they will go out of there way to make your stay better . the rooms were clean and felt like home , i read some reviews that it was more of a condo the a hotel room i personaly love that .

Pros - big rooms with living area and kitchen
- deck with bbq and amazing view
- great service
- hot top
- nice gas fireplace
cons- work out room is a joke its two treadmills and one weight barbell
- hot tub has way to many chemicles really sick

at the end of the day i would stay there again

tips - if your goning to use the kitchen dont forget platic wrap and other thing you will need to cook with as they are pricey in canmore and banff

- this is a non smoking hotel and you can only smoke on the deck in the winter they may not be something you want to do

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2012

My husband and i decided to celebrate my birthday in Canmore. When i made the reservations i mentioned to Trish, sales manager, the reason of our visit.
What a surprise to find some complementary treats in our room and a letter for my birthday. In addition we got a room with stunning mountains view without asking! This is called VIP personalized customer service!
The rooms are spacious and the bbq in the balcony is really nice.
We had a relaxing weekend!

Before we leave we washed our car for free at the hotel. They have this new service for their guests It is really fast and easy to use!

Thanks for a nice experience

• Stayed: March 2012