Blackstone Mountain Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$ 284
US$ 258
Copperstone Resort by CLIQUE(Dead Man's Flats)(Great Value!)
US$ 256
US$ 232
Holiday Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$ 198
US$ 259
US$ 238
US$ 220
US$ 180
Days Inn Canmore(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$ 229
US$ 217
Stoneridge Mountain Resort by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$ 395
US$ 358
Falcon Crest Lodge by CLIQUE(Canmore)(Great Value!)
US$ 406
US$ 270
US$ 257
US$ 232
Hotwire.com
  • Breakfast included
1,130 results
All reviewswine coolerelectric bbqthe kitchenbedroom suiteice makerunderground parkinghot tubbeautiful resortpool area istop floorstainless steel appliancesfront desk staffwasher and dryerthree sistersdowntown canmoreliving areahome away from home
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We spent 4 nights here's, two couples touring around BC and Alberta. The apartment was a good size and had all the home comforts you need. The master bedroom was ideal however the other two, each with king size beds were very cramped. The other two bedrooms had either the toilet or the shower.

The reception on arrival was quite basic and very matter of fact. We didn't use the gym, pool, cinema or spa although they looked ok. Some of the corridors were showing signs of wear with stained carpets and on two occasions the lift (we were on level 4) was out of order.

The apartments were only around 15 mins stroll from the main village area with restaurants, bars and shops, the main food shopping area around 5min drive away. Canmore itself is an ideal spot to base yourself for a week to get to look around this area up to Banff and Lake Louise. Plenty of hiking and cycling. A lovely friendly town.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 September 2012

We have a Ladies Weekend every year. We went in June & our stay was so horrible, that the resort offered me all our $$$ back OR if we came again, we would find a much better time. Upgraded to a three bdrm & onto the top floor was another free upgrade.

We once again returned to a dusty, filthy condo. Floors made our pale colored socks BLACK they were so dirty. We could write our names on any wall decorations, tops of couches, tops of lamps & tops of headboards. And LIGHTS?!? At least there was only nor lamp that did NOT work at all in the MB. In the LR, only one bulb worked in each lamp, kitchen has one burnt out light, as does the MB ensuite. Speaking of MB en suite, I found ONE medication on the ground, covered in dust & hair that did not belong to me.... Dare I wonder how long it sat for?? Thank goodness I found it & disposed Of said medication before a CHILD took it!! It was in plain view from my soaker tub, so I think that speaks Volumes about how well our suite has been looked after/cleaned!!!

We also did NOT recieve the "Welcome" phone all from front desk as we had had last time!

We love to sleep with our windows open for cool refreshing mtn air && did that the first night here... Well apparently, relaxing guests are NOT allowed to sleep in b/c at 0700, housekeeping was rolling their laundry tubs full of empties, & all sorts of bottles over a BRICK DRIVEWAY directly under my bedroom window! Manage to fall a bit back to sleep with my window closed, when the BFI trucks pull up!!! So forget trying to sleep!!! It's just not going to happen at Solara.
They promised better security, yet as I sit typing this at 220AM, my LAST NIGHT HERE, I have been listening to belligerent drunks since midnite!!!

I have come to the conclusion, that Solara WANTS to be known as a PARTY RESORT in Canmore. Because after two stays here, it's all the same GARBAGE. Nothing has gotten better && NOTHING has been fixed as promised after my last crummy stay here...

A word of advice, don't stay here & if you do, ask for your Money back, don't give Solara a second chance because it WILL be the same garbage ALL OVER AGAIN!!

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank nixjon
Reviewed 25 September 2012

My spouse and I had found the Solara on-line, and were drawn in by it's claim to be a "5 star" resort in Canmore. The reality was less than the hype. Esthetically, it is a very beautiful place. Unfortunately, throughout the weekend, small things that in and of themselves would be acceptable built up to really disappoint us. Their is only one elevator that served our wing of 25 suites per floor, and it only worked intermittently. The room had dust in it so thick, you could write your name in it. It is a non-smoking resort, yet on our balcony at check-in were a half dozen empty beer bottles, one of them half full of cigarette butts. On Saturday evening, there was no hot water in the place for a shower. We had to complain three times to get staff up to our room to get our house-keeping done on the Saturday. When you pay for luxury, you expect it. While the staff were very friendly, I should not have to ask three times to get our unit cleaned. We won't return.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Bill L
Reviewed 24 September 2012

We had a wonderful experience staying at the Solara. I highly recommend if you want luxury and excellent service. This is our second year staying with them and already made reservations for next year.
The best part for us the fact that its 'pet-friendly.'

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2012

The Solara was the "base camp," so to speak, for our wedding weekend that took place from September 6 - 9, 2012. From the moment we checked in, we were treated like VIPs - this is to say nothing of the return guest rate we were given (we are frequent guests of another BellStar property, the equally stunning Blackstone Mountain Lodge)! From the front desk staff to housekeeping to even security (yes things got rowdy the night of the wedding!), all staff seemed genuinely concerned that we were happy and enjoying our stay. The three bedroom premium suite that was used as the rehearsal dinner location on Thursday night and the bridal suite on our wedding day Friday was gorgeous. Easily the best suite in the house. We wanted for nothing the entire weekend, and again we both felt like we were treated like royalty. Facilitated by Monique, the events coordinator, and Sarah our favourite front desk girl, our wedding weekend stay at Solara was indeed a memorable one and we will most definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012
Sara K, Front Office Manager at Solara Resort & Spa - Bellstar Hotels & Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2012

Our team at Solara Resort & Spa were so honoured to be a part of such a special day and to be able to host your family and friends! We are very proud of our teams, we are all passionate about striving to make each guests stay memorable. I am delighted to hear that we were able deliver!

Canmore is an spectacular destination for weddings and Monique is absolutely amazing, she goes above and beyond to assist in making our guests visions come true.

Thank you for your kind words, the team at Bellstar wishes you a lifetime of happiness together and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!!

Sara K