“Could have been better, disappointed”
Review of Georgetown Inn

Georgetown Inn
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were so looking forward to our stay and all we had to go by was the picture online, we were somewhat disappointed as the room was extremely hot and musty smelling. The thermistat was hanging from the wall and quite clearly did not work. The little 19" tv had a remote that did not work and the volume button was on and could not be adjusted. The handle from the tub fell off, we know it is a rustice place and did enjoy the charm in the lobby but we also paid $211.00 for the night and would have enjoyed a cool sleep and a working television for the later part of the evening.
thedrqs@telus.net

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Deborah Q
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Thank you for your comments. Unfortunately with the weather in the spring it gets quite warm during the day and cools off considerably at night so we do need to keep the boiler going during the evening/overnight so nothing freezes. With that being said it takes a while for the building to cool off during the day.

As for the TV remote thank you for letting us know and I will have new batteries installed right away and ask Maintenance to look at the TV.

We appreciate you letting us know of any deficiencies so we may repair the issues as soon as possible. We do hope that you will choose to come and stay with us again! If you do please ask for our "Valued Guest Rate".

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

This was such cute and dainty little Inn!
I spent two nights in the Victorian room and am more than satisfied! All I wanted was a hotel that had a room with a spa bath... Well, generally, in Banff or Canmore, to get any hotel room with a spa bath, you are likely to pay an astronomical amount of money. However, the Victorian room at this Inn was very cheap and the spa bath was huge and lovely! I was so pleased that there was a fireplace as well! The small and cozy Inn was nice and quiet as I stayed during the week, the sound of the train (that you can't escape anywhere in Canmore anyway) wasn't too bad at all and never woke me up during my sleep.

All in all I wouldn't even consider staying anywhere else my next trip to Canmore. (I have stayed in a number of hotels in Canmore and this was by-far the best thus far!)

Oh! The one thing I would recommend is microwaves in the rooms would be really nice. I was on a tight budget and brought a bunch of microwavable food that I was unable to eat.

Emily, was one of the staff that made my stay feel extra special. She was an absolute sweetheart! She asked me on the second day whether the room needed new towels or any housekeeping, so as for the other person that wrote they were disappointing that their room wasn't made up the second night, I don't think that's a regular occurrence.

The decor is old school and makes your feel like you took a trip way back in time, which was great change from the pace of my city-girl/frantic lifestyle. The restaurant/pub was really cute and the breakfast that came included was delicious. Service was great. Emily is the best :)

Room Tip: Victoria Room has spa bath and fire place - I couldn't find a room for that cheap with either of...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank Dara2323
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2012

Thank you , thank you, thank you for appreciating us and our decor!! I will be sure to tell Emily that she was outstanding and made your stay extra special. Please when you come back ask about our "Valued Guest Rate"!!

Reviewed 21 March 2012

My boyfriend and I decided at the last minute to spend our valentines night at the inn. We had heard good things about their Victoria rooms so we booked one for the night.it was perfect! The 2 man jacuzzi tub was so relaxing & enjoyable.we had a great and romantic evening. Great atmosphere, small inn and therefore quiet, as well as really nice and helpful staff. Will definitely be back again!

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank Rastababy02
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2012

We are so glad you chose us for your romantic getaway!! We are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us!! I will be sure to tell our staff about this review!! Thanks again for your positive comments and when you do come back we look forward to it and please ask about our "Valued Guest Rate!"

Reviewed 12 March 2012

Dissappointed how the room was made up for our second night. Soaking wet towels not removed and no extra fresh ones left. Thermostst was not working properly and the room was very warm. You pay the same rate for your second night stay so should therefore be entitled to the same level of service.The decor is a bit tired and the rates are higher than some other hotels in the vicinity.It let itself down I am afraid which is a shame because it is a cute littl;e place.Definetly felt I did not get value for money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the Inn would be quieter than those over the bar.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MCJ419

Thank you for your comments and yes I do agree you should be provided with consistant service throughout your stay! We have just hired a new supervisor for our "cute inn" and they are learning the importance of our housekeeping service.

I would really like if you could contact me personally judy@waymarker.ca

Thanks again for taking the time to respond on Trip Advisor we really do appreciate our guest's comments.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

Spent one very lovely night @ Georgetown Inn while skiiin in Banff. Very quaint decore in lobby and rooms with excellent, attentive service. Room was small but that is all I needed and the price was very attractive for a mountain hotel. Breakfast in the reataurant that is part of the hotel. Highly recommend this spot for a nice change of pace.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank neilcha
managerscl, Director of Sales at Georgetown Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Thank you for sending such a lovely comment! We appreciate all of our guests and it is great that you enjoyed your stay with us. Don't forget when you book again to let us know so we may offer you our "Valued Guest Rate". Thanks again and have a wonderful day!