All reviewsfront desktable restauranthotel restaurantclean roomspool and hot tublots of parkinggrizzly pawone night stayking roommini fridgeoff the highwaygreat view of the mountainsbed was very comfortablea great place to staymain streetcleaning stafflake louise
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I stayed here during a recent Christian Men's Conference where I was speaking. The front counter staff were excellent. the housekeeping was extraordinary with a spotless room. the conference food was very good and any dealings I had with the staff were first class. The best part was my night's sleep. I really slept well and woke up refreshed. I heard someone else at breakfast say they really enjoyed their bed. I said i didn't know how to respond when they asked me as I was asleep all night!
The hotel is handy to shopping and restaurants. The town of Canmore is fully surrounded by the mountains making it a great place to stay. Being at the entrance to Banff National Park, prices in the town tend to be expensive but are typical of a tourist destination.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Melissa M, Front Desk Supervisor at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2017

Dear awayIgo2travel,
Thank you for leaving a review with such kind comments about our hotel & restaurant, The Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre & The Table Food & Drink. We are delighted to know that you have a good experience with us. We appreciate all of the feedback you have provided, and we look forward to having you return to our hotel soon. Safe Travels.

Melissa Murchie Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel staff has been great. The pool was out of order so they gave us passes to the community pool. The rooms are modern and clean but very small, we had to move furniture around to even set up a playpen.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank NorthStar726554
Melissa M, Front Desk Supervisor at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We appreciate your understanding in regards to our Pool & Hot Tub/Fitness area being closed for refreshing. We do hope you enjoyed your time spent at the Elevation Place. This fall we will be looking into options to make our guests room feel more spacious. We appreciate all of the comments you have mentioned, as we can only improve by receiving guest feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon. Safe Travels.

Melissa Murchie - Front Desk Supervisor

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We stayed in Canmore during July, 2017 at the Coast Canmore Hotel. The rooms were so expensive, talk about gouging prices during Canada's 150th celebration. Upon checking in, I signed a paper with the charges on them. The next morning, the charge was quite a bit more, with charges they had added. Watch what you sign and what they charge you for later. After "talking" with the lady at the front desk, who started throwing papers around, they reduced the charges.
We stayed in a room, which they said was the last room open for staying with our pet, that was an handicapped room. The shower had zero-entry. I showered in the evening, after a long day, and the shower flooded everywhere. I cleaned it up and tried to clean out the drain. This next morning, it happened all over again. I told the lady at the front desk, and she just said, well, that is a problem we have with those showers. FIX IT!!!
It was not a good experience. For the money we had to pay, it should have been THE best place we ever stayed.

Room Tip: Don't get a handicapped room with a zero-entry shower!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Charmaine_El, Rooms Division Manager at Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear debrunin,
Thank you for your recent review from your stay in July.
I do apologize if you felt we were overpriced. I can assure you that we work very hard to ensure our pricing is competitive within the Bow Valley.
We monitor our rates daily to ensure we are correctly priced to the market.

I was disappointed to read that you experienced some issues at the Front Desk. I would like to follow up to ensure that your rate was correct as quoted, so please feel free to reach me at c.elliott@coasthotels.com and I will gladly investigate this for you.

The flooring in our accessible room was only installed early in the summer, and we have been made aware of this issue with the sloping of the floor. This is something we are working on to have rectified.

Thank you again for the feedback and for staying with us.

Safe travels, and kind regards, Charmaine Elliott, Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

Stayed at this hotel during a recent conference. The hotel is well-located and within easy walking distance to the main shopping and restaurant areas. While the rooms have been recently updated to a contemporary style, the room is smallish and a little stark. We had some difficulty with the heating/A/C unit and found the room to be on the warm side. It was difficult to cool the room to comfortable sleeping temperature and when the window was opened it triggered the heating unit to kick in making the room hot, stuffy and noisy. The bathroom was small and there was a poorly place shelf above the sink making the operation of the tap a little awkward.
The restaurant food was adequate, but the banquet food left much to be desired. Most of the food, meat in particular, was horribly over-cooked.
The staff was considerate and worked hard.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear George R,
Thank you for detailed review of your recent stay.
I do apologize for the issues experienced with the A/C unit.
This is definitely not our standard, if at any time during the course of your stay you are not satisfied or things are not functioning correctly, please let our Front Desk team know so that they may work to remedy the issue.

I was disappointed to read that your banquet experience was not satisfactory. I have shared your comments with our Executive Chef for follow up with his team.

We appreciate and welcome all feedback and hope that you will sometime try us again. Thank you and kind regards, Charmaine Elliott, Rooms Division Manager.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Excellent room, very clean and beautifully decorated. The best hotel we have stayed in on the West Coast anywhere. It was very modern, had plenty of room and an awesome view of the Rockies. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Coast Hotels

Dear X1036KAjoannem,
Thank you very much for mentioning such kind comments about our hotel, The Coast Canmore Hotel & Conference Centre! We appreciate your compliments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon! Safe Travels.

Melissa Murchie - Front Desk Supervisor