“This place and the people running it changed my expectations.”
Review of Days Inn Canmore

Days Inn Canmore
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Canmore
White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
“This place and the people running it changed my expectations.”
Reviewed 20 March 2012

When Lisa checked me in for "maybe a couple of nights", I was expecting a clean room and a good bed. Period. What more could you ask for when all you really want is to ski and play in the snow? Nothing, I thought - but I was in for few surprises.
After the first day of skiing (at 20 below), I drove back to the Econo wishing I'd picked a more expensive place - maybe with a sauna bath in the room, y'know? Still, I jumped into my tub anyway, and - surprise - it had a full set of sauna jets! Oh, yeah . . . I'm startin' to look smart.
I checked at the desk to see if they had a snow forecast for the week - maybe directions to a some x-country ski trails or a brochure for skiing the back country - nothing much. But the young man at the desk, Kyle, wasn't interested brochures. He was interested in skiing -- and he'd been skiing the very best places all week. Surprise. Kyle filled me in on the latest about everything - the best trails, the best steeps, the best way to get there, the avalanche risk . . even the right wax! By bedtime my laptop was plugged into his own back country blog and I was virtually skiing the terrain . . . Rats! No brochure.
I won't list all the other pleasant surprises I had at the Econo (like the exercise room is open late). Let's just say Kyle and Lisa turned into friends, and my "one or two nights" turned into one of the best holidays I've ever had -- all six (6) weeks of it.

Obviously I'm recommending the Econo for people like me. For those who want to keep their visit to the Rockies at more of a "brochure" level, there's always the Banff Springs.

Room Tip: North side rooms are probably cooler in Summer. Ask about sauna jets in the tub. Even some basic r...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Gordon W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Calgary
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I stayed at the Econo lodge with a group of ladies scrapbooking. The service was superior from intial organizing to departure. Friendly, responsive and helpful. Best place I have stayed at in Canmore without a doubt. Very clean and quiet.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Kathy S
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2012

My two small children and I stayed here for 1 night when we were participating in a local Canada Day parade. The room was clean and perfectly comfortable, and the little microwave and fridge were perfect for the snacks my kids needed while we were there. The staff were friendly and helpful as could be. This is obviously not a luxury hotel, but it is perfect if you want a nice, clean place to sleep, and maybe watch bit of tv before bed. We had no complaints.

The staff in the adjoining restaurant were also extremely pleasant. I thought the price of the food was a bit higher than it should be, but nothing terrible. There are plenty of restaurants in Canmore if you want to do something different.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank ki-tonjones
Medicine Hat, Canada
Reviewed 17 October 2011

well how do you thank the econo lodge for the excellent front desk and house keeping they have to offer,1st l have been here for just about 7 weeks now and the service has never missed a step,this awesome place l would never hesitate to stay here again,sure theres no swimming pool the exercise room is small but l guess l would take the excellent service they have to offer over a pool, they treat your pet like family and that does mean alot to me, they call you by your 1st name once they get to know who you are, l cant say enough for this place. thank you econo lodge for the greatest service. DIANE

Room Tip: get a room in the back if you have a pet,outside the balcony doors theres a long grass strip,
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank tumbleweed52
Calgary
Reviewed 12 September 2011

I've been organizing scrapbooking weekends at this hotel for several years now. Every time we come I am more impressed with their level of customer service. While other hotels in the area are suffering to find quality staff who keep the customer in mind, the Management and Staff at Econolodge Canmore have succeeded. They are always pleased to offer their help, responding quickly to requests.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends