“Great Little Find!”
Review of Tapas Restaurant

Tapas Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tapas Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 126 Restaurants in Canmore
Price range: US$ 24 - US$ 48
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 6th Ave
Description: Oted most Romantic Restaurant in the Rockies, we are tucked off Main Street Canmore in a charming character house. Tapas offers the lively fusion of Spanish and Old World flavours created by our kitchen team. We have designed a menu of specialty dishes that are prepared to order from the freshest ingredients available. All stocks, sauces and desserts are made by our Chef Dan Purvis in house. Our menu offers gluten free and vegetarian options. Share several plates amongst friends in the intimate dining room with Spanish style murals and high back leather chairs. We also have an eclectic attic with slanted ceilings and low windows which is great for small parties. Don't forget to visit us in the summer where you can enjoy tapas on our Mediterranean- style deck with lovely al fresco ambiance. And most importantly, be sure to try our house made Sangria (white or red) or choose a lovely Spanish Cava or wine from our Wine Menu. Want to bring your own wine, we offer a $25 corkage fee as well.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I were visiting Banff for a few days and decided to try this restaurant after reading all the great reviews. The reviews definitely were not wrong! We have lived in Chicago and currently in San Francisco (both very foody cities) and this is one of the best tapas we've had! The menu was smaller than tapas restaurants that we're used to but everything we ordered was delicious. Tip: a reservation is recommended. We almost didn't get seated on a Sunday night because we didn't have a reservation.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Food was amazing and so was the service. Mussels and panacotta dessert are out of this world. I spent a great romantic evening with my husband. It was memorable!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

There were 12 of us and we all ordered 3 or 4 dishes each. Food came out in strange fashion -- salads after pork tapas, etc. We had a lovely outdoor table and some of the dishes were great but some strange. Perhaps we could have ordered differently to have enjoyed it more.

Reviewed 14 September 2017

My husband dropped me off at their sign while he found a parking spot on the street. It took me a couple minutes to find the entrance. Every other door was padlocked. I finally found another sign and arrow. I went up the few steps and opened the door....and waited...and waited. I saw servers talking with diners but no one acknowledged me. Finally I walked through the place to talk with someone and saw my husband standing inside by another door and speaking to a waitress. It turned out I had gone in the back door and they thought I was just waiting to use the nearby restroom! !After that strange fiasco, everything went well. Our tapas were delicious and perfect. They went well with the sangria we ordered. A glass of wine there is very expensive. It was a very good choice.

Reviewed 8 September 2017

They have a lovely outdoor terrace, and on Wednesdays live entertainment. Loads of choices and everything arrives in a timely manner. This was a lovely warm evening September can be cool , but they do have loads of heaters on the terrace for your comfort if needed.
Looking forward to our next visit!