“Typical fare you would expect”

Smitty's Restaurant
Ranked #20 of 43 Restaurants in Hinton
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2017

Water glasses were not clean. Friendly service! :) Good comfort food you come to expect from Smitty's.

Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

Wanted a good meal at a good price and I got it.
Service was friendly and the turkey dinner was delicious.
A must stop when in the area.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

Restaurants in tourist areas tend to have inflated prices but Smitty's is OK. We had liver & onions, turkey sandwich served with salad & potatoes or fruit cup. Service is good but expect delays when tour buses bring a bus load of patrons.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

We ate here three times over the course of four days, hoping it would get better...it did not.
First the food:
The first night I ordered Veal cutlets amd asked for my gravy on the side, it came smothered in gravy, the waitress did offer to take it back but by then my parents were already eating and I did not want to wait for another meal, after waitress left the table I realized I had not received my garlic bread, couldn't even catch her eye again until we had finished eating, to ask for it, finally asked the nice guy cleaning the dishes off tables and he helped me out. For the turkey and roast beef dinners, the meat had obviously been reheated in a microwave and VERY dry. Same goes for the potato skins, they were put in microwave, the ends of the skins very hard and tough. The all day breakfast was really good though and the veal cutlets when they were not smothered in gravy.
Now the service:
There is not a lot of good things I can say aboit the service, except the guy claning off the tables and the blonde waitress were excellent. The two other dark haired girls were not so hreat and not sure if either knew how to smile. The second night we had waited a looooong time after we were done eating for the bill and one waitress (not sure if it was ours) was just hanging out in the kitchen talking and not doing too much of anything...finally we caught her eye and asked for the bill.
These two waitresses definitely need to learn how to work with the public, maybe some better training?
Anyways, we will probably never be back again. Keep up the great job bus bly and blonde waitress, you are the only good thing about the place...

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

Came here for breakfast with the family , walked in and it was packed . There was many many people bunched up at the front waiting to be seated . So after 20 minutes we finally were seated , got out menus and ordered our food . Super pumped for some breaky .. except it never came . As we're waiting around the 45 minute mark we see many people getting mad and walking out . We waited around for our food to come for 1 hour and 25 minutes . Also the best part was seeing customers being seated and within 20 minutes or less they all had their food . We decided to leave , and 2 other tables saw and followed us out . Terrible place . They can't take cake of the amount of people that come in there .. I don't know if they were short staffed in the kitchen but that was ridiculous . And they seemed to not even care that we were walking out , when we left they quickly cleaned our table and the other 2 tables that left behind us and immediately seated the people at the front waiting to eat . Not knowing that they probably won't be fed for 2 hours from the time they are seated . Just head to Tim Hortons !!