“Could be improved”

Ranked #12 of 45 Restaurants in Hinton
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2018 via mobile

Hinton’s BP was “the place” to go for reliable food, good service and a nice atmosphere.
The renovations have lessened the sense of atmosphere. Hinton’s BP used to feel welcoming.

This visit, we went before the supper rush. The table we were sat at was dirty so I requested it be cleaned. When the employee finished there was still a
lot of sticky areas but the employee left the table before I could mention it. We also asked if we could move to a booth seat not facing the window (hard on the eyes) and the employee said no. (I understand the concept of waitresses and sections etc but 20 min later that whole
wall of booths was full so what was the big deal??)

Our waitress was great, she has worked there a long time. Not to her fault, tonight our drinks and food came slower than the usual BP service.

Also, I requested a straw for my Caesar and was told “sorry, we have gone strawless, except for the kids drinks” I was surprised because we ate at Spruce Grove BP last weekend and I was given a biodegradable straw. (which was fine with me) I stirred my Caesar with my knife. I care about the environment but a biodegradable option would be nice or “straws on request”.

We also used the bathroom and it was all around generally dirty. Nothing to report immediately but was just dirty.

I don’t like to give bad reviews but tonight just fell short. I may sound demanding or picky but the reason I mention these things is because Hinton’s BP just isn’t standing up to the quality it once was. Making a review could bring improvements.

Garry_BP, Guest Services at Boston Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Hi, there. Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent experience. We take this feedback very seriously and would like to follow up with the team involved. Please share the details at https://bostonpizza.com/contact-us.html so that we can make it better! Thanks so much for your feedback!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Was extremely disappointed by the quality of the food not to mention that it was like dining at entirely different pizza restaurant than Boston Pizza. Ordered our favourite side dish which is the calamari 14.49. What an absolute joke. Do not expect what you would from any other location. Handful of chopped up tentacles deep fried and served with some sort of excuse for chipotle dip. I’m guessing ranch dip with a squirt of ketchup and chopped garlic. Sick. Taste of so called calamari was disgusting as was the dip. Deluxe pizza was just okay. Chicken wings same. The celery and carrot sticks look like came from some sort of grocery store waste bin....It all went back. Long story short... Go eat somewhere else in Hinton this BP is a fake.

Garry_BP, Guest Services at Boston Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Hi, Sue. Sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your food. We take this feedback very seriously and would like to follow up with the team involved. Please share the details at https://bostonpizza.com/contact-us.html so that we can make it better! Thanks.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

We like the prices and the food was pretty good. The service wasn’t great but it was still pretty efficient

Garry_BP, Guest Services at Boston Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Hi, Michelle! Thank you so much for the positive review! We hope the next time you come we can provide you with a 5 star experience! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 20 November 2017

Best BP I've been to. The food is good and hot, the drinks are cold, service is friendly and fast, and they have a large projector screen for the game

Garry_BP, Guest Services at Boston Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Thank you so much for saying so, RickBack! :D

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

Great for a quick late night dinner after spending the day in Jasper.
Great food and service. Our server was very attentive and was great with my young son.