“Average motel - truck traffic”

Best Western Bakerview Inn
Ranked #9 of 13 Hotels in Abbotsford
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
“Average motel - truck traffic”
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Plain jane motel. Had a second floor room so carrying bags upstairs was a nuisance - but prefer that to main floor and headlights. Truck parking across street so extra noise. It's a roof over your head at one of the more reasonable rates in the area - but you are getting what you pay for.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Hawki56
euphamia, General Manager at Best Western Bakerview Inn, responded to this review, 11 October 2011
Good Morning:
Please accept our apologies for not exceeding your expectations. I can appreciate that carrying luggage to the second floor can be difficult and a bit awkward. I was surprised to see that the truck parking lot across the street was noisy. We have not had a concern voiced in regards to that before.
Thank you for taking the time to post your experience on Trip Advisor. The feed back we get from our Guests helps us to improve their experience with us.
Janice
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
NB
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We had a late arrival at this hotel so we did not stay long. Nice big rooms and very clean. Could use new mattresses but apart from that the stay was good and the staff was nice! I booked it last minute through Hotels.com so the price was very good for what we had!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank joce45
euphamia, General Manager at Best Western Bakerview Inn, responded to this review, 14 September 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Inn. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you next time you return to Abbotsford. Yours in Hospitality Janice General Manager
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2011

I am an over the highway driver, and have stayed at the Bakerview Inn quite a few times when I have been in Abbotsford, again just recently. I have always found my stay pleasurable, usually I am tired and hungry, so it is much appreciated the friendly staff get me into a room so I can clean up and I will often eat a meal at the restaurant located in the same parking lot. This restaurant is quality food at a reasonable price, and I find the owner and staff very pleasant. At the Bakerview Inn I am very pleased that the rooms are always clean, well kept and smell fresh. Also they are pet friendly, so I am able to keep my dog with me. There is a large lot just below the motel where you can walk your dog. I feel the Bakerview must be well managed, because the housekeeping staff are friendly and do a good job. Also if I need any advice for shopping, entertainment- the front desk staff are very helpful and at the end of a long day it sure is nice to see smiling, helpful staff. I really enjoy my stays at Bakerview. One reason I chose to stay there in the beginning is the reputation Best Western has, and I feel this motel really lives up to the good reputation of clean, courteous, and helpful !! sincerely, Leonard Muir

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
euphamia, General Manager at Best Western Bakerview Inn, responded to this review, 26 July 2011
What a pleasure to read your review on Trip Advisor. I will definitely pass this on to all of our staff as it will make their week to know that what they do is noticed and appreciated. Thank you for taking the time.
Yours in Hospitaity
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I don't know why the bad reviews but I stayed here in July 2011. I found the staff more than courteous, the room was spic and span and the "Blankets" smelled like they just came out of the dryer. This is one of the better Hotels/Motels that I have stayed at and found it very nice for the price. I would Definitely stay here again and recommend it to others. Thank you to all the Staff/Management.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank JustUs1967
Thank you very much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. It is not often that a guest will take the time to make such wonderful comments and both the staff and myself appreciate it.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.
Best Western Bakerview Inn
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2011

This was a last-minute decision by my husband and I - we were on a roadtrip and decided to stay here because a) Best Western usually has a good reputation, and b) they allowed pets (we have one dog). Price seemed ok until we saw the room, def overpriced for what we got but we were tired and happy to have found a room at midnight!
Got into bed, pulled the covers up and unfortunately they had a strong BODY ODOR smell. This tells me they were not washed and we were repulsed. Will never stay here again, and must warn others.....
(also not sound proof and could hear everyone coming and going at all hours of the night outside ... did not sleep well that night, needless to say).

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
euphamia, General Manager at Best Western Bakerview Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2011
Please accept my apologies for the issues that occurred during your stay with us in April. It has always been our policy to change and wash blankets daily. While it is difficult for me to discover exactly what occurred after the fact please be assured that the Executive Housekeeper does inspect rooms daily and although it has never occurred to us to actually smell the blankets it will definitely be added to the inspection list.
I am sorry to hear that there were noise issues the night you stayed with us. I do hope that you let our Night Auditor know so that they could investigate and put a stop to anything that was occurring.
Once again please accept my apologies.
Janice

Travellers are raving about these Abbotsford hotels