“Amazing”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Traditional Steak House
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My fiance and I just had dinner at Peter's and have to say the reviews are correct. You must try this place! The service and food are exceptional. Our Sever Steve was excellent, gave great suggestions and provided wonderful service. One of the owners Tom was so engaging and friendly. He was always checking to see what was happening in the restaurant and as a manager I appreciated how attentive he was. The steak I had was one of the best and my fiance said the same about his lamb. Our crab cakes, dessert and wine were also delicious. Just try it, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

Sadly...this restaurant has dramatically changed. Previous experiences have been incredibly enjoyable however tonight was a disappointment. The worst part was the response of the owners once they were aware of the issue. Here's what happened...
It was my husband's birthday celebration dinner and both David and I were excited to be dining at Peter's...having been there many times before and enjoying it thoroughly. However, this time our dinner was a true disappointment and what was most disturbing was not the food but rather owners response to our issue.
After ordering the table-side ceasar salad (which was fantastic), we received our mains. My husband had ordered the neptune steak, which he reported was good. I had ordered the filet mignon, medium rare, which was incredibly tough. I reported this to our server, after taking just one small bite, at which point he said that he would have to speak to the manager. The manager came to our table and, rather than offering to replace the fillet with a replacement, offered to get me a piece of "roast" so I could "dine with the gentleman". As I'm not a complainer and it was my husband's birthday and he already had his dinner, I agreed to this and a piece of "roast" was brought to the table. This "roast" was cooked "well done" and was not at all true to what I had requested which was a medium cook. Truly it was a disappointment. And...to make matters worse, the person who brought the steak (who I believe to be the owner) proceeded to "school me" by telling me that "they had tried my [original steak] and that he believed there was nothing wrong with it. This all was said as he was placing the over-cooked replacement in front of me. To make matters worse, after delivering what I believe to be a sub par replacement meal (which I ultimately didn't eat but did fully pay for) this "owner" avoided me...sending another employee to deliver the half-dead "promised rose" to me...without any apology or consideration. To boil it down...we were billed $60 for a tough tenderloin (which was returned uneaten and replaced with a tough "roast" which was not consumed) and INSTEAD of apologizing for the issue, the manager made me wrong...stating that there was nothing wrong with the steak.
Truthfully, despite dining out 3-5x a week and having gone to Peter's many times before, I've never written an online review before however this time...given the owners clear lack of business acumen and care, I simply felt it important to state...
I'm totally in support of the small business owner...
for the person who works hard and delivers on their promise(s)
however...Peter's HAS changed, and not for the better
The "manager" didn't care about my experience enough to make it right and my husband and I (not willing to make a scene after clearly communicating the issue) just paid the bill (and, no, nothing was comp'd) and walked away. However...after having such a horrible experience I honestly felt an obligation to tell you all...save your money. The quality control measures at this establishment have changed. I 'm honestly just trying to look out for you as I believe there's better value elsewhere. Try if you'd like but know that the owners wont make "it right" if you have a bad go. Honestly, it's these types of issues (and the lack of care and handling) that can signal a financial problem for these types of established restaurants and rather than making "it right" they "make you wrong" for bringing a sub-par meal to you. Shame on you Peter's. Your mother would be embarrassed to discover how you treated us tonight. The successful restaurant owner NEVER forgets that...
The wo/man who works all week and pays his/her bills...setting aside $250-300+ to take their loved one out for dinner...after paying for a sitter to take care of their child(ren) so they could scrape just one night out (albeit a birthday) for....just the two of them. And after doing all that needs to be done to make such a night possible (the getting ready and related anticipation and excitement) YOU have a responsibility to be kind...to be accommodating and generous AND to contribute to making that evening a memorable experience...because it's patrons like us that MADE your restaurant what it is. Never forget what made you as its the forgetting of your origin which results in a fall.
I'm sincerely sorry that you've lost your way. Unfortunately, we can no longer support your establishment. We do, however. hope that you find your way back to the restaurant you once were.

6  Thank tammyward2018
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

Atmosphere was old school class with Dean Martin playing in the background, staff we absolutely the most attentive and easy going, this is where you go to experience a true steak house
The food was amazing and the cosmo’s were refreshing and delicious
table side preparation and an eye for detail put the staff here above the rest
Not recommended for the frugal or cheap
If you got the cash and your looking to impress, this place will absolutely leave your invited guests impressed.

Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

We really love this restaurant! Everything's perfect. From the moment we step in till the time we leave, they made their us feel so special.

There's a on site parking, very convenient. The lovely house situates on HWY7 between Markham road and McCowan. We went all the way from downtown to Markham because I heard lots of good reviews from friends and family. Glad we came, we had a fun date night. Inside the restaurant is beautiful. We had reservation at 7pm Sunday night, as soon as we arrived we were greeted friendly and being offered coat checks. No need to wait and we were leaded to a nice tackle for 4. Love the lightings and piano background music. All servers in tuxedos with name tags, immediately you feel thus is the fine dining :)

Start with the cocktails. Cocktails are extensive here, more than 30 from martinis classic to signature single melts you always fine what you like. We order a Old Faction and Old Blue Eyes (Blueberry Voka with fruit juice) were both delicious. Love the wine list. They get in special wines quite often. We picked a half bottle of Cab from California. Price is very reasonable compare to other downtown restaurants. Appetizers, we ordered half dozen of oysters to share, they were so fresh. Caesar salads for two, prepared by our table side was creamy and yummy. Little on the salty side but I don't mind. I love old fashion way preparing at table side Caesar salad. Move on to the main, we ordered 24 Oz USDA bone in rib eyes at medium rear. It was juicy and delicious. Charcoal grill to perfection. We were surprised the quality and taste beat Zorro's and Tom Jone's. Very impressive.
To end the meal, Frank made us eye catching Nutcracker coffee and Monte Crystal, they both delicious as well.
At the end of meal, lady got a rose from owner. That makes the experience even more special. As fine dinning, price for this dinner it's reasonable as well.

Will we come back? Answer is absolutely. It was a pleasure and we are happy.

Tom C, Guest Relations Manager at Peter's Fine Dining, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Thank you for your kind review it was our pleasure to meet your expectations

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

My daughter said we are going to dinner and said it was her treat
She picked Peter's Fine Dining in Markham.
It was our first visit there and it was highly recommended by my daughter's friends.
It turns out the place has been going for many years. The sign outside says 'since 1978'.
We were greeted by a tall gentlemen dressed in a black suit. I thought I was looking at Gene Simmons from Kiss. He is
a twin look alike. We were later given a rose by 'Gene'. It was a very thoughtful gesture.
The setting in this restaurant was beautiful with chandeliers and comfortable sittings throughout.
The most important feature was the food.
The menu was full of selections with steaks and seafood as the primary attractions.
We had oysters Rockefeller as a starter
and I must say it was the best.
My prime rib of beef was huge and very thick. It was presented on a very hot platter with the juices surrounding it.
My daughter had the filet mignon which looked thick and apparently was delicious.
You couldn't top this beef.
For dessert the waiter suggested creme brûlée and it was unique with some fruit at the base of the creamy textured dessert.
The waiters at this restaurant were seasoned and the best.
Each waiter had a suit on and treated us like a queen.
They worked at your table with much experience. For Irish coffee they flamed up the liquor in the glass and did some magical movements that mesmerized us.
They prepared the real Caesar salad at your tableside while you watched all the ingredients work together.
What a dinner.. it was well worth it.
And thanks to my daughter I can dream about the flavours of Peter's for quite some time.

Thank you it was our pleasure to make your dining experience a memorable