“Better deli's elsewhere”

Add it.
Mother's Deli & Bakery
Ranked #3 of 4 Bakeries in Markham
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I was excited to try another deli/bakery. Went with a friend to Mother's Deli for lunch and I must say I was disappointed. We both had corn beef sandwiches on a bun. The sandwich meat was fine but the bread was dry and tasteless. Toppings offered were lettuce, tomatoes and mustard. It would have been nice if they offered other toppings like hot peppers, mayo, pickled veggies. I guess I was comparing this place to the other Markham deli (Raymerville Deli/Bakery) and it came up short. Prices, I think, are about the same in both places but the bread is substantially better at Raymerville. Mother's did have a fairly steady lunch business so maybe if I had ordered something else. What was funny is that their Tues special was chicken and rice and when we got there at 12:10, the girl at the counter didn't know if the chicken was white or dark meat and she said it wasn't ready yet.

There are a few tables to eat in which is nice. Would I go back? I think I will give this place some time to find its way before I try it again.

Reviewed 19 May 2015 via mobile

Had an excellent meal with the family we enjoyed the roast beef and the falafel
Prices are just great for the quality of all home made food, very courteous staff
Definitely a must try deli place