“You don't go wrong with the Thai Red Chicken Curry”
Review of Wiangkuk Thai Food

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wiangkuk Thai Food
Ranked #202 of 718 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 19 June 2015

I thought to try this restaurant with the family because we were in the area.
I liked the Thai Red Chicken Curry (spicy) but my wife didn't like the pad thai. We took a soup for the kids but it was way too hot and there is no small portions for kids. The portions are very generous but for us it's more about the taste.

Reviewed 13 February 2015

it may apppear to be Thai food but those who know better will realize the traditional Laotian style cooking! Lao sausages with lovely lemongrass notes without too much chilies. Nam (i.e. Broken fried rice) with just the right amount of sour mixed in. Larb Beef grilled medium rare with sticky rice and cucumbers is my husband's favourite. Even the coconut sticky rice goes great with ripe mangoes. I love it all! Grilled pork chop is my friend's favourite and he orders that all the time. Awesome staff and service. Great value for all the meals.

Reviewed 12 April 2013

Wiangkuk @ the food court of First Markham Place is the place I go to when I am in need of Thai food in Toronto. Operated by real Thai-Laotians, the food is authentic Thai/Lao/Isaan food. The owner and staff are very friendly and you can even ask them to tweek the dishes to make it even more authentic.
I have had their som tam and can say its the most authentic som tam that I have had in Toronto. The favs of mine are the Laab Chicken with sticky rice, red curry, sausage and the beef.
The only dissappointment is the Pad Thai, while its good it does not taste like the pad thai in Thailand.
Since its a food court the atmosphere is food court-ish but so are the prices. Most of the main dishes will be in the $6-8 range and sides in the $4 range. No other place in the city will you be able to find authentic thai food of this quality for those prices.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

I have dined at First Markham place food court and this Thai food place a few times. They serve very unique and authentic Thai food. I have been to Thailand a couple of times and this place is the only place I know that serves coconut noodle soup, minced chicken (in Thai called "lap"), papaya salad cooked in mortar bowl and flavored authentically, and sausage Thai style. Also, some dishes are served with sticky rice. This food court is known for cheap food, the dishes at this food place ranges from $5 - $7 and comes with drink and soup! Where in the city can you find pad Thai for $5 and comes with a drink??? The owners and all workers speak Thai. The service is friendly unlike some establishments in the food court. I recommend pad Thai, coconut noodle soup and Thai sausage with sticky rice.
I would have given 5 star if it wasn't for these two things:
- food preparation could be a little bit slow. I think the reason is every dish is cooked fresh to order, right in front of you as you can watch the chef / cook prepare your food.
- during busy days and hours vacant seats in this food court can be hard to find.