“Very efficient service,friendly, tasty but....”
Review of Yellowtail Sushi

Yellowtail Sushi
Ranked #145 of 677 Restaurants in Markham
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2017 via mobile

Went for lunch, they offer AYCE or a la carte. The AYCE option does not offer as many choices as other restaurants . In a plaza
at Woodbine & 16th, so there is ample parking, wheelchair accessible, not a large restaurant. The service is very good, dishes have a good taste, sushi rolls, sushi, tempura, grilled, teppanyaki, noodle ramen/udon, rice bowl choices. Please note that they automatically add a service charge. For the price , there are other restaurants which offer more choices.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

decided to try this place after I heard from a friend how good it was.. my friend was right, really fresh and tasty sushi and sashimi - the tempura shrimp was tasty as well - everything we ordered was so good - and the service was great. Will definitely go back again.

Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

I don't know why some ppl rated this resto badly... I've always been there and it's always been good. And the food there- especially sashimi- always fresh...
I love their dinner more than lunch as there are more choices... Must try the "dragons" they are delicious!

Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

This is an AYCE place..however when I put in my order, the waitress refused and said we should wait til our order arrives before making another selection .. In the meanwhile our table had no food. Also, the waitress insist us on finishing the last piece (she literally put the plate in front of us), and told her to finish so she can take away the dish.
Aside for this, the sushi quality is quite bad too, and they charged $26.95 per person! I did not walk out feeling full because the sushi and the cooked food were both not good at all. Waste of my time and money.

2  Thank Rachel W
Reviewed 17 December 2015

Most Sushi restaurants in Toronto seem to be run by Korean owners. I have japanese friends who will only go to sushi restaurants run by Japanese owners. I do not possess their level of sophistication and am not that discerning in my tastes.

Don't eat at Yellowtail. It is a Sushi restaurant run by Chinese owners.

The service was warm and family friendly but the food could not even aspire to be mediocre. Paper thin sashimi and bottled sauces. Extremely limited selection of mislabelled fish that needed tweezers rather than chopsticks.

It is an All You Can Eat place, that does have an 'a la carte' menu but the quality of the AYCE was not worth the trip.

1  Thank WYZGYZ