“good place for sushi”

Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 May 2015

i really liked the place the service was good i would probably go back again.
they catered to all my requests and made the sushi extra crunchy for me which is what i liked :)
you dont have to worry about giving any tip because they already add it in to the total for you
the price of the ayce sushi is good for lunch and costs only 14.99 so you looking at a bill of under $20.00
so in conclusion would recommend this place to anyone craving sushi

Reviewed 11 November 2014 via mobile

I've gone to this restaurant with 30 people and with just one other person and they're quality and service has always been consistently excellent. The owner recognized me after just two visits, she greets my table personally. The food is prompt and perfect! For an all you can eat, they don't ever try to stuff you with rice, like some places do! Their sashimi is always thick and fresh! They're just a delight! Definitely a recommendation and all my friends have loved their time here!

1  Thank Ambreen R
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Decided to give this place another try and lunch service was really bad.

Service was poor and slow while the food came 30 minutes after ordering - avoid if you are on working hours and just have enough time for a one hour lunch.

The food itself tastes bland and boring while most of it appeared to be rushed but overcooked.

Do yourself a favour and avoid this restaurant.

Reviewed 27 August 2013

After hearing about how great this was from a family member, my family of 4, my bil of 3 and other bil's family of 5 decided to have a small family dinner on the weekend. We were seated quickly despite not all members of our party had arrived. The restaurant was short staffed on wait and kitchen staff. There were 3 waitressed, 2 sushi chefs and I do not know how many in the kitchen. We had to keep reminding the waitress that our orders had not come.

My sil went to the washroom and noticed the sushi chefs had orders lined up and waiting for the staff to bring them to the customers. I guess when we asked the wait staff to check, they would put in our order (again) and when they did bring it, we had double!

Another instance of a fail was soda drinks were included, but they didn't have enough kitchen staff to wash them as we were told our drinks were taking longer as they had no clean glasses. Some members wanted tea and ended up with hot water that had a hint of a tea taste. I guess they ran out of tea leaves too!

My sil who recommended this place was so pissed, she went and told the owner how she felt. The owner was one of the 3 wait staff for the evening. We did notice a "Hiring" notice in the window when we arrived, so this might explain the service we received. This was a shame, as my bil's wife was returning to HK and wanted to compare the ayce here compared to those in HongKong.

I read some of the reviews and it seems this place

1  Thank Ldy T
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We loved this restaurant on our first couple of visits. This was our 3rd time here, this time with friends and family, and unfortunately a disappointment.

There is a good variety of food on the menu but quality suffered this evening - gyoza (fried dumplings) were over cooked and hard....almost burnt. Same thing with the springrolls and fried bananas! Beef ribs were overcooked and chewy. Rolls were just average to mediocre. They were out of soft shell crab.

Service was a bit rushed and impersonal; it was a weekend evening after all. Some of the dishes had to be ordered a second time round cause they didn't arrive the first time they were ordered!

Also those with young children will notice that washrooms lack that all important change station.

Yellowtail might just have been having an off night but with so many other Japanese AYCE restaurants to pick from in the area, we'll probably go somewhere else with more consistent quality.

1  Thank Roxanne T