“The best in Markaham ,but needs to be updated.”

Edward Hotel Markham
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Markham
New Brunswick
“The best in Markaham ,but needs to be updated.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This is probably your best hotel choice for Markham. It is usually pretty filled up with people doing business there. The rooms are a little out of date. My mini fridge was very old and my tv was of very poor quality. I found the bed and pillows wait too soft but that is a very personal preference. Some rooms seemed to have had new tvs and new fridges. The front lobby is very nice and inviting. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and friendly. The cleaning staff did an excellent job. My room was very clean.
The hotel restaurant is another story. I had a pasta dish my first night there and it was mediocre. Breakfast was very over priced and the buffet was mediocre as well.I ordered nachos one night and they were not good at all. The drinks were pretty decent. The waitress I had my first night was good, but a lot of people from our company complained they got poor service. The bartender could stand to be a bit friendlier, but he was fairly prompt.
The pool area is not very attractive. I found ants in the sauna. The hotel restroom was not in great condition. In general the hotel restaurant does not look very modern at all. There was a nice courtyard that you look out into , but not seating in the courtyard.

The staff was great that I dealt with and this is most likely the cleanest hotel in the area. Generally I would recommend this hotel if you are there for business. It was quiet and they have internet included and a parking lot.

I did not use the conference area ,but that area was very attractive and up to date when I had a peak at it.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 10 May 2012
Thank you for your review!
I am pleased to read that your overall experience was positive.
I can assure you that I have forwarded your experience in Tivoli Garden Restaurant with our Executive Chef and Food & Beverage Services Manager and appreciate you providing us with the details.
I am pleased to advise you that we are replacing our TV's with new LCD models and our fridges. If we have the opportunity to welcome you back, we can ensure you receive a Guestroom with these new features.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Korean first
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

Nice business hotel. Free internet and reasonable fitness facility. Comfortable beds, spacious rooms, and quiet. Rooms came equipped with TV, refer, ironing board, hair dryer, hot pot, coffee maker...no microwave. The staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast not included in our rate and we did not try food onsite.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. If your travel takes you back to Markham we would be delighted to welcome you back and perhaps you may have a chance to enjoy our Executive Chef''s wonderful cuisine.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

It's a great hotel. The staff was very nice. The gym & pool was also very nice.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank thenighthawk2011
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the recreational facilities we have to offer.
Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2012

Our hockey team booked into the Delta Markham and were pleased. Free outdoor parking and very hip front lobby. Team was allowed a meeting room, kids just sat in sofas on 2nd floor and got Wifi. Rooms were tidy, spacious and clean. Rate was very reasonable. Waited for elevators alot. Our room had a fridge, some had a microwave as well. Beds looked lumpy but were very comfy. Nice restaurant in hotel. No continental breakfast included.

Room Tip: away from elevator and one with both microwave and fridge, also a lower floor so you don't have...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
DeltaMarkham, Manager at Edward Hotel Markham, responded to this review, 28 January 2012
Thank you for staying with us and for providing your feedback. We always look forward to hosting Hockey teams at this time of the year and hope your goals were achieved. There are times when it is quite busy with the arrival and departure of Guests that the elevators experience high volumes. I hope this did not deter from your overall experience. We do offer a full hot breakfast buffet with a wide variety of items at a nominal charge, and if preferred discounted rates are available inclusive of breakfast. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future and wish you and your team a successful season.
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Everytime we go to Toronto we stay in Markham, 1) because it's a quiet business district, 2) this hotel is the best and 3) the staff are the best.

We get a package deal for a few attractions around the city and with that we get a complimentary hot buffet breakfast every morning with a jug of coffe on your table as you're sitting down.

They remember us every year when we go, we get upgraded no questions asked if there's something in the room that we don't like. The Pool area is awesome, there's a whirlpool and sauna.

The day we left I forgot a bag of laundry and only realized when we got back home that I had left it behind. I called a few days later and was told that yes they did find my bag and they will send it to me. What I did not expect was that my clothes had been washed and pressed, we're talking underwear, socks, bra, swim suits and I think a few t-shirts and a couple of pairs of shorts.

They are always ready to answer any types of questions concerning the touristic areas and if they don't have an answer they will direct you to the right person or place to inquire.

They've renovated the inside (lobby) and all I'll say is WOW. I would encourage anyone going to Toronto for a few days to try out this hotel if you're ok with being away from downtown Toronot.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank hotmama41
Thank you for your review. We constantly strive to ensure every Guest experience is a positive one and are delighted that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and wish you a very Happy New Year.