“This restaurant unfortunately no longer exists, replaced by terrible one!!”
Review of Kyung Bok Palace

Cuisines: Korean
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 19 March 2015

Named changed to Homung or something like that meaning 'home'. Opened March 1. We went there March17, as a group of 3.. No Manager on site. Previous restaurant owner almost always there. About 50% full. It took ten minutes before our order was taken. 10 minutes later we noticed waitress who took our order going out the door with back pack. 10 more minutes, 30 since we arrived, a group of four who has arrived 10 minutes after us started receiving their food. I called that waitress over, she called someone else who said sorry had we given our order. Yes, so sorry we did not get it. She tok our order again and left washcloth on our table So, 10 more minutes (40 minutes form start) food started arriving. Not at all good, miso soup was toooo salty, Bibimbap wa so bland, I mean how can you mess up bibimbap? Oh and when our food was placed on the table she put water jug and tea on another table 4 feet away and did not put them back, wash cloth still on table which I threw to other table and retrieved our tea as the waitresses had disappeared. The jelly desert was bland, and overall the compared to the previous restaurant here which I will give a 9.5 out of 10. This new one for overall service and quality of food 1.5. That is how bad it is! and I have been to a lot of Korean restaurants in Canada, Korea and other countries!!

1  Thank Robin T

Reviewed 15 September 2014

Last week my husband and I felt like the Korean kimchi soup, so we decided to go this place since it's our favorite Korean restaurant in North Vancouver. However, when we get there, the door was closed, we did see some people in the restaurant, and then we saw the boss, she came out from the restaurant, she told us her restaurant is sold to someone else, they do not open anymore. I felt so disappointed, this is my favorite place, the service is always good, food was always tasty too. I don't know if we would be able to find another good Korean restaurant in North Van.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Excellent Korean cuisine, especially the marinaded beef. Pleasant atmosphere, good service. Abundant portions. Don't miss this gem if you like Korean food.

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I went there with my boyfriend and his family and we were waiting for a table and other people as well, no staff member bothers to greet us

We waited for a table for 20 mins and more people came to dine and still no host/hostess.

We got fed up and went somewhere else.

Never eat there on a Sunday night, you'll never get a table.

Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

One world, dis costing, food cross contamination big time, small postion, expensive and on and on, it s was my secind time