“Delicious”

Mythos Taverna
Ranked #14 of 384 Restaurants in North Vancouver
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A fixture in Vancouver's North Shore since 1993, Mythos Taverna is a favourite dining destination for Vancouverites. In the summer, our patio emulates lively nights out in Kalamata, while our interior is reminiscent of cozy Greek countryside homes in the winter. We invite you to share in this authenticity by trying our homemade recipes like the Roast Lamb Dinner or our homemade dips and desserts. Perfect for that special occasions or even for last minute meal, you can rely on Mythos for a flavorful and authentic dining experience.
Hong Kong, China
“Delicious”
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Very friendly, excellent service & superb food and all that for a very reasonable price

• Visited June 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

North Vancouver, Canada
“Best Greek on the North Shore”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Mythos is not only delicious Greek food but also wonderful service. Recently we celebrated a special anniversary with a large group of family members. Everyone was impressed that the meals all arrived together hot and delicious as usual. Highly recommend Mythos.

• Visited March 2012
Kelowna, Canada
“A very good Greek experience”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I arrived just around 17:30 as I wanted to beat any dinner rush. There were already perhaps 1/2 dozen in the restaurant. It is a comfortable size with window/street views, a fireplace, and typical Greek decorations, and music playing. The host promptly sat me and within a minute or so, I had water at my table. Only minutes later I was able to place my order, and the my wine was soon on the table. They didn't have a typical Greek wine Boutari but their substitute was as good if not better. The meal was served promptly and was hot, ample, and tasty. It was just the basic Souvlaki, but you can make a request for potato and or rice to accompany. My water glass was always full and the Maitre'D was very attentive with conversation. It was consistent in all aspects and I would not hesitate to bring my date next time!

• Visited January 2012
West Vancouver, Canada
“Cozy Winter Dining”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Vancouver has a wealth of great Greek dining choices but Mythos is one of our favourites.... especially on a cold winter evening.

We had dinner at Mythos last Wednesday and Nico gave us a nice table next to the fireplace - a must on a cold night. My fiancee had the slow roast lamb shank while I had the roast lamb shoulder - a personal favourite. Both were wonderful but I prefer the less lean (ok... more fat) shoulder cut. We had an Argentine Malbec and Nico was nice enough to send us a few Sambuccas to top off a great dinner.

Mythos has a number of interesting seafood entrees and appetizers but we find it more enjoyable to just stick with really great entrees - and maybe a Sambucca or two.

There are several wonderful Greek eateries on the North Shore and Mythos is certainly one of the best.

• Visited March 2012
North Vancouver, Canada
“Just wanted to go somewhere different for a change”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was disappointed in the food, especially in comparison to some really great Greek restaurants that I frequent across the water in Vancouver. I ordered roast lamb which was the house specialty and found the texture unusual: dry, stringy, and mealy. Also found it overpriced, especially accompanied only by a small Greek salad and two thin potato wedges. The creme caramel desert came smothered in (two) liquers.

Atmosphere was bright and a bit cold. My server was great but it's the kind of place where the host is openly ovational to regulars and doesn't quite know how to welcome or treat a single diner he's never seen before.

• Visited February 2012