Review Highlights
A Must Do

I have taken it both ways train up and train back Train up and boat back I like the train up and... read more

Reviewed 7 September 2014
MagicintheWoods77
Western Shore, Canada
Discontinued service

This service ceased many years ago. The Whistler mountaineer, however, runs a high quality train... read more

Reviewed 6 August 2013
Andrea L
North Vancouver, Canada

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2016

My husband is a serious train enthusiast so when we spotted this big steam train we had to come in and check it out. The guys (volunteers I guess) were super friendly and knowledgeable and we bought a great little book about the building of the railroads in West Canada.

5  Thank Lara B
Reviewed 2 November 2015

Took my friends daughters for the Polar Express ride. Too bad it was pouring that day, but they enjoyed it. For me it was just nice to see the old train again. This train brought so much joy, along with thousands of tourists. Just wishing one day the provincial government would anti up to get her back running again.

2  Thank Larry s
Reviewed 16 October 2015

They stopped running this steam train due to parts becoming harder and harder to find. In its glory days it ran the track to Squamish and back through the Howe sound . It was a scenic and spectacular views . So sad to see it not running anymore. Good rides made all of us who rode on this train. Great memories .

7  Thank Marie J
Reviewed 16 January 2015

This is still an attraction, sort of. It is not running. So sad as such a fun way to travel slowly on tracks hanging from the sides of the cliffs over Howe Sound. But the train is parked in the Train Museum out of Squamish which is well worth the visit, train buffs or not.

5  Thank Teresa H
Reviewed 7 September 2014

I have taken it both ways train up and train back
Train up and boat back
I like the train up and train back
Fabulous views
Many friendly folk along the way waving on the train
A memorable journey for certain
Check it out at Christmas also :)