North Vancouver Hotel(North Vancouver)
US$ 208
Emperial Suites(North Vancouver)
US$ 159
US$ 252
Cancelon
All reviewspantry restaurantkids eat freeliquor storeoff the highwayindoor poolhot tubfront desk stafffree parkinggrouse mountainsmall kitchenettevery nice hotelking suitefitness roomnorth vannice stayeasy accessconvenient location
Reviewed 29 June 2018

I decided to stay in this hotel, because I rented a car, and price was ok. It was a good choice, hotel attended our expectations, follow a summary:

Room: great room, with good space, with large WC
Breakfast: It is by menu and not included, in the rate a little expansive and service not good
Location: close to Highway 1 and to key attractions in Vancouver North,
by car was possible to quickly go to Vancouver downtown
Close hotel there is a large grocery store and gas station
Service: good parking and help desk

Great place to stay in North Vancouver

Room Tip: Higher floors, that could have a better florest/mountain view
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
holidaynorthvan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn North Vancouver. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope to welcome you back soon.

C.Alam

Reviewed 27 June 2018

As a Platinum Elite member I was impress on the outside structure of the hotel. The stay was very comfortable and at a convenient location close to a lot amenities.
Close to food, shopping, and attractions. I would recommend this location! Beautiful site and close to freeway and at a reasonable price! The kids loved the Pool area. thank you

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn North Vancouver. We appreciate your loyalty as a Platinum Elite IHG® Rewards Club member. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. A positive guest experience is something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We hope you will visit us again.

Reviewed 25 June 2018

The Holiday Inn (North Vancouver) opened its doors in May of 2000. To me, the exterior architecture looks like a throwback and homage to Canada’s great railway hotels. I don’t think this is stretching things too much because, if you think about it, the comparison is apt. The railway hotels served as major hubs and corridors for travelers across this great country. In a way, this Holiday Inn does much the same because it’s located adjacent TC-1 – Canada’s major highway. At the same time, this hotel’s location allows it to function as a central hub for, especially, the North Shore area. It is close to Capilano University, Capilano Suspension Bridge, Grouse Mountain, and the SeaBus, to name but a few major attractions. The location is especially convenient if you have a vehicle because you’re only a short drive away from bustling downtown Vancouver and all it has to offer.

While some have characterized this Holiday Inn as an “older hotel,” I beg to differ. It was built 18 years ago and, therefore, is hardly “older.” On the contrary, it’s fairly new – especially in comparison to many hotels in the greater Vancouver area. Best of all, despite being a new-ish hotel, it carries with it a stylish modern look and character. As I said, the hotel’s architecture very much reminds me of the classic railway hotels and for good reason. Similarly, the exterior grounds of the hotel are simply beautiful, inclusive of the decent-sized parking lot. Lush greenery – all very well-manicured – adorns the property, giving it somewhat of a unique look and feel – something outside of the typical “city of glass.” It gives the property a fresh and vibrant feel and thus adds to the overall warm ambiance and atmosphere. The interiors are similar: the lobby is spacious, with modern furniture and yet, despite the large space, still manages to feel warm. The two on-site eateries – The Pantry and Coach House Lounge – further add to the warm and homey feeling.

The hotel also offers a number of attractive services and facilities: It features modern meeting space, an indoor pool, well-equipped fitness centre and a business centre for those in need of printing or general computer access. The hotel staff are well polished and ready to assist if need be.

What I liked most about this Holiday Inn was my accommodation. My king suite was well-appointed and contained all of the amenities we’ve come to expect of modern hotels: flat screen HD TV, microwave, kitchenette, fridge (complete with complimentary H2O), free WiFi access (and a strong signal), comfortable bed, clean washroom and a lovely living room area. I may be shunned for saying this, but the overall layout of the room, as well as the furniture and fixtures, reminded me very much of the Hampton on Robson. But that’s a good thing . . . I mean, this place is a fraction of the cost and is just as good, if not better. And, despite being right next to the highway, I had a very restful sleep both nights.

In terms of food and drink, the hotel houses The Pantry and Coach House Lounge. There’s a bar adjacent to the hotel, Seymour’s, but I didn’t visit it. The Pantry is, of course, a BC original and is family-oriented. As such, it features a menu diverse enough to appeal to everybody, but the menu isn’t so large that it becomes overwhelming. The focus is more on simple, straightforward cuisine. Coach House Lounge, on the other hand, is more appropriate for adults and features a library-pub-like atmosphere. It is relaxed and specializes in local brews, cocktails and Neapolitan pizzas. I enjoyed the “homey” vibe of the place. For further comments on both of these eateries, see my reviews on this site.

In short, the Holiday Inn (North Vancouver) offers up good value for money. Because it isn’t located in the heart of downtown Vancouver, prices are a fraction of what you’d pay in Vancouver proper. For many of us, that’s most welcomed. However, it seems to me that unless you have a car, you’re kind of out of the way (as I felt). Besides that, I only have one other comment to make: I enjoyed my overall stay; however, I felt the chap at the front desk seemed a bit dismissive and almost rude. When I asked if my IHG number was attached to the room, the response was rather terse: “It’s paid for by somebody else, so you don’t get points anyway.” If that’s true, then I guess all of the other Holiday Inn’s I’ve stayed at are doing things wrong? Regardless, the clipped response seemed a bit below what is otherwise a nice hotel.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business

The staff and management appreciate your time to share your review about our Hotel. The North Shore offers a variety of lodging choices and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate the recommendations and comments you have given to other guests. Our team is proud to deliver a positive and enjoyable guest experience and we hope to do the same on your next visit.

Reviewed 16 June 2018

We stayed here 2 nights in May 2018 while visiting family in the greater Vancouver area. We were attracted to this property by its location close to family in West Van and the price compared to hotels downtown.

Driving in from Alberta we found the location even more convenient than previously imagined. The hotel is located just off the Trans-Canada Highway; it was basically freeway all the way except for the last 2 minutes. Absolutely beats the long drive through clogged city arteries to downtown hotels.

Check-in wasn’t quite as smooth as we had hoped. Even though we arrived at 3:05PM, 5 minutes after check-in starts officially at this hotel, our preferred room on an upper floor wasn’t ready, so we had to settle for an accessible room on the second floor directly in front of the elevator. The view over the hotel entrance and parking lot wasn’t quite what I had requested, but otherwise the room was fine. Despite being the closest room to the elevator, we didn’t experience any of the noise you might expect. The room itself was spacious, well-appointed and complete with all the amenities we had wanted. Its features included a large mini-fridge (great for travelers like us who pack a lot of their own food), microwave, nice work desk, sofa-bed (we didn’t try the bed part), functional work desk with chair, small round table with 2 chairs, flat screen TV and room safe. We both found the king bed slightly on the firm side but we still slept OK on it. There’s no complimentary breakfast at this hotel, but we did appreciate the convenience of the onsite restaurant and found prices there reasonable for Vancouver. We didn’t try the onsite liquor store but it’s always good to see that thirsty customers are provided for.

Service at the front desk and elsewhere was good; all staff we encountered were uniformly pleasant and courteous. The spacious lobby had a relaxing inviting ambience while the hotel grounds were just superb. The lush greenery and carefully crafted landscaping just wowed us, even the parking lots looked great! Even though it’s a slightly older property it’s very well maintained, both inside and out.

In our case, pricing was excellent with the Seniors Discount, just $179 plus taxes per night for a King Non-smoking room in mid-May. We reserved in early Feb. and noticed that as our travel time got closer, prices almost doubled for the same room type. In the case of this hotel, booking early seems to make a real difference price-wise.

The final verdict? Based upon convenience to the freeway, price and ambience, we rate this property at 4 stars out of 5. For future visits to see family in Vancouver, this will be our go-to hotel from now on.

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

The staff and management appreciate your time to share your review about our Hotel and your stay with us.The North Shore offers a variety of lodging choices and we thank you for choosing to stay with us. Your recommendation to other guests to stay here and your detailed experience is truly appreciated. Our team is proud to deliver a positive and enjoyable guest experience and we hope to do the same on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Within walking distance of Capilano University, this hotel offers a quiet and peaceful ambiance. Large, clean rooms. Recommend you pick one facing the main entrance as it looks into a lush forest. Free parking.

Stayed: May 2018
holidaynorthvan, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites North Vancouver, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2018

Dear Cdn_traveller59:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Holiday Inn North Vancouver.
We appreciate you chose to stay with us, your feedback is extremely valuable to us and will ensure we continue to deliver the best guest stay experiences. We hope to welcome you back in the future.

C.Alam