“Fine Chinese food served with a flourish”

Kirin Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 967 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 2 March 2018

Richmond is well-known for its huge selection of Chinese restaurants. A few, like Kirin are exceptional. Kirin is a small Vancouver-based chain of very upscale Chinese restaurants. The Richmond location is the best, in my opinion. With great food, a classy decor, and attentive staff, each visit has turned out to be a special dining experience. While other tables dined on impressive-looking seafood dishes(fresh from the restaurant's marine tank), we generally stick to traditional Chinese fare such as chow mein, sweet and sour chicken, chicken with cashew, and wonton soup. Our servers tend to deliver dishes to our table with a flourish. We have never been disappointed by any of the dishes we have ordered during numerous visites. The food is flavourful, served hot, and portions are not skimpy.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

Living in Hong Kong, I know authentic dim sum...and I can tell you that Kirin has great dim sum. I was very impressed with the food here, the BBQ pork pastry was excellent. The green beans were great, the chicken feet and steamed pork bun was good as was the crispy tofu.
I would also give 5 stars to the staff. The waiter was very helpful and the receptionist said good bye to me by my first name. I was impressed!!
I will be back for sure and I can highly recommend this restaurant for some of the best dim sum in Vancouver!!!

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We've been coming here over the years for all kinds of meals, from dim sum to full on dinners and on balance, i think this is the standard for all Chinese restaurants in Richmond. The food is always expertly prepared, the ambiance is elegant and the staff (who are now all familiar to me) treat us like old friends when we appear. It's very hard to beat the consistent quality of food here event though there are many competitors. The level of service here is heads and shoulders above everyone else. This is still the go to place for elegant Chinese.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

The service staff are friendly. Good Ambience, clean and cozy. The food served are very tasty and delicious especially the Peking Duck cooked in 2 ways, The lobster with onion sleek, Steam COD fish, fish maw with crab meat soup, beef with special sauce, fried crispy chicken and Taumeow vegetable.

Reviewed 26 December 2017 via mobile

Today was my second attempt to eat at Kirin. The first time they were too busy and would not serve us. Today, we arrived and told the receptionist that we had 5 guests. She was flustered, rude. She said it was impossible to be seated without reservations. She waved her hands around and dismissed us. Branding themselves as an upscale Chinese restaurant, it's a pity they cannot hire polite, professional staff.