“Worth a trip but not for just a meal”

Steveston Pizza Co.
Ranked #1 of 1,003 Restaurants in Richmond
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Steveston
Reviewed 26 November 2017

We visited Vancouver (Richmond) and had to check out the highest Trip Advisor rated restaurants. Steveston Pizza Company was high on the list, and a 10 minute cab from the Richmond hotels (Westminster Highway).

We lucked out on fall weather (no rain) and took a cab to Steveston Fisherman's Wharf to check out the market and view. Walking the boulevard was very pleasant and a nice break from the business of the city, or even a packed market like on Granville Island.

Steveston Pizza is a very short walk from the pier (2 minutes), across the street from the Cannery Farmers' Market. That market happened to be open as well, so we placed an order for our pizza (Marguerite Two: Basil and arugula pesto, tomatoes, creamy feta, chicken and bocconcini) and walked over to the Cannery.

The pizza itself was good; fresh dough, cooked and crusted well, with very fresh ingredients. The combination of ingredients on this particular pizza was salty and a little unbalanced, but it was good enough that I would try another selection - and recommend visiting the Steveston Pizza Company.

The location is very small and you would not want to sit indoors to eat; there are stools facing the outer window for people looking to get a quick bite, but there is no restaurant seating. There are picnic tables across the road by the Cannery, and plenty of seating at the nearby Wharf.

Do yourself a favour and take a few hours to grab a pizza and enjoy the scenery here rather than just eating (or taking out).

Reviewed 23 November 2017

I like good and cheap pizza. I usually do a little bit of price comparison geometry, by dividing the price by the radius squared, to find the best priced size of pizza. I couldn't do that at Steveston Pizza. They only serve one 12" sized pizzas. At $25 each, the pizza was not cheap. They have a fancy loaded pizza with lobster priced at $180!

I have passed by Steveston Pizza many times, but had never tried it. It looks like a take out place. When you walk in, there is a small order counter and a pizza oven in the back. There is a small narrow table in front of the window and only two stools. Usually there was a line-up out the door. It never appealed to me or my wife or friends to dine there.

On this occassion, I was in the neighbourhood on my own for lunch, so i decided to try it out. I thought i could order a couple of pizza slices. When i found out that i could only order a 12" and at $25, i was silently shocked. (There are a few plain pizzas at a lower price, but they did not sound very special or appealing to me.) Anyways, I was there, was hungry and I am always willing to give anything a try.

I asked for a suggestion and when i said i preferred meat, the (Chinese) cook Tony suggested the "Caveman". I was told it would take 15 minutes and was informed that I could wait in the place next door which was also part of the establishment. Next door contained a long table and chairs, some window seating and a single shared restroom. There was a water cooler, paper plates, cups, utensils and napkins. No server. Not fancy, but still a casual place to eat out of the rain.

Fifteen minutes later, I came back and picked up the pizza. It was good. The crust was thin and initially crispy. Eventually the juices made the crust soggy. The meat topping was chopped into small chunks and piled high. And it was piping hot. It was very good and filling. I only ate about a third and was stuffed. I took the rest home and shared it with my son that night for dinner. Not cheap pizza, but very good for the price.

Tony told me they sell a lot of the $180 lobster pizza, especially to the local Chinese. He said that 12" pizza is piled high with seafood and mashed potatoes and can feed four. Spending close to $200 on a pizza goes against my normal nature, but if I can find a few people to share, i will have to try it.

1  Thank funpig07
Reviewed 10 November 2017

Okey if you want to turn some heads and raise some eyebrows - you can get a medium size pizza with basically the most basic of toppings for no less than $25 plus tips and tax as a starter-pizza, this is the place for you. When I tried a large ( which is not what you'd have in mind) with my kids (when they're both under 7), just so I can curb my curiosity about all the buzz it has and hope to make a legit claim/ brag about 'been there' etc. It wasn't enough, compared to our usual large pizza ordered from many local stand-ins. Seriously I won't bet on it's the best pizza you'd ever experience. More certainly though, it has a price you'd not soon forget which makes it an easy brag for the under-researched and show-offs.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Not only the best pizza in the world - no it isn't the pizza at that little restaurant in Crete called "The Best Pizza in the World" - it is also owned by the best people in the world.
They have donated pizza to good causes, like, local high schools, teachers on strike.
They work hard, are modest and inventive and create amazing, yummy, healthy pizza

Reviewed 9 November 2017

Home made dough, delicious quality ingredients and an extensive menu. Its take out only but they now have a little spot for you to eat, I haven't tried that yet. I would not recommend pizza's with ham or bacon because I feel they put way too much on. Overall though the pizza is very good and the menu has great selection of tasty, creative and even exotic recipes. Very Nice!! Oh yes and always tack on a "Simple Pepperoni" pizza to your order.... you'll be glad you did!