“Light dinner”
Review of CAVU Kitchen Bar

CAVU Kitchen Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
CAVU Kitchen Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 1,003 Restaurants in Richmond
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Stopped by for a light dinner. Happened to be happy hour so the wine was a good price. I had the cod burger which was excellent (a bit of olive tapenade added so much flavour) and my husband ordered the ribs which were saucy and fall off the bone. Really enjoyed the Brussels sprouts - crispy and delicious. Oh - and added bonus - live music - young lady with guitar and beautiful voice. Service was excellent. TY Amy

Reviewed 11 February 2018

Lots of variety on the lunch menu. service was very good. the food was very good and our small group all had very positive things to say.

Reviewed 2 February 2018

Had a night out here with work and we did "Dine out Vancouver" 3 course $30 Menu. The mussels were good with an excellent thai curry but only warm when they arrived. The Farro Risotto was also only warm but had hardly any flavour. Desert was nice enough. The others had steak and said it was over-cooked and the chicken dish a little dry. Service was good although it wasn't very busy so not too many people to serve. Shame about the food as we'd expected better.

Reviewed 2 February 2018 via mobile

Following dinner, I was looking for one small beer to round out the evening. An eclectic sel’n on tap (cherry stout!). Great service, quiet areas to sit/work quietly.

1  Thank Ian M
Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

I was expecting what I got, but was hoping for much better.
I ordered the beer battered Cod. It came in a thick batter. It looked greasy. The batter was gooey and I would call it inedible. The fish wasn't bad but rubbery. It was on a bed of French Fries. They were heavily black peppered. Never heard of that before. It looked like they been dropped in the dirt they were so black. I was able to eat the least ruined ones.
I ordered a Coke Zero. He had poured some of it in a glass. The glass smelled wrong. I'm guessing it was not cleaned well. Smelled like a Bloody Mary.
So I was a little hungry still and asked if they had any chocolate ice cream. He said that they did. I asked for a bowl. I got a plate with 3 tiny shot glass type bowls with 3 itty bitty spoon fulls of rock hard chocolate.
When I got the bill the fish was $14 and the ice cream was $10!!!
Come on Hilton, you need to do better!!!
Very dissappointed

1  Thank RedBaron-0007
Raheem K, Manager at CAVU Kitchen Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor. I am really sorry that you did not enjoy your experience at Cavu.
Please accept my sincere apologies and thank you for taking the time to let us know. If possible, I would like the opportunity to hear more about your experience. I can be contacted at your convenience.

Kindest regards