“Lunch with screaming kids ”

Sockeye City Grill Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 931 Restaurants in Richmond
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 28
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sockeye City Grill is located on the waterfront in Steveston B.C. We proudly serve only the freshest of wild B.C. Seafood. Live Lobster and Crab from our crab tank are a local favorite and are available daily.
Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Note to Sockeye City Grill.....if there are kids in your establishment screaming and running around and more than one table has complained to the wait staff, kick them OUT. We are all paying to have an enjoyable meal and if certain parents are inconsiderate they deserve to be kicked out.
Okay the food....it was good. Crab cakes had a bit too much sauce on top, I want to taste the crab cake not the sauce. The fish and chips, I only ordered one piece because I asked the waitress how big it was and she demonstrated a bigger piece than what I received. The seafood pasta was good. We also ordered a wine and was told they didn't have enough for both of us, that is annoying. So we had to order another one and it was just okay. We will try another place next time we are in the area.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Sockeye City Grill Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed 21 July 2017

Fish and chips on the pier means just that freshly made fish and home cut chips not cold fish and factory made bagged frozen french fries. A long way to go and cutting corners is not one of them.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We spent $250 including tip for dinner for 7 including a $30 bottle of white wine, 2 kids' menus, just one appetizer for everyone and no desserts. Main entree dishes are about $30 piece. Food quality is just average, there is nothing really to it. I ordered the salmon and it was overcooked - very close to being burned. Waiter really tried to do his best but level of service provided is more like an IHOP so get there loaded with patience. If it wasn't because of the view I would have given this place just two stars. I can tell everyone at the restaurant were tourists, which is a clear sign that locals avoid the place. We went in knowing the reviews were not great but everything else was already full by the time we got there.

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We stopped here for lunch simply because of the location. Middle of summer on a beautiful day this location is great. The food was good but not great value, the portion size on the Caesar salad was on the small size, the mussles were delicious but they were tiny, the oysters and crab cakes were nice.
I would eat here again but with so many other choices - I think I would try another restaurant.
The service was good and the food arrived in a reasonable time.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

At the end of a long bike ride, we were delighted by our reward- very kind and attentive staff, fabulous dockside location and delicious food. Will definitely go back.