“Great stopover hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
Red Deer, Canada
“Great stopover hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here overnight after a trip from Mexico. First impressions were good. Reliable shuttle, warm welcome, good food (restaurant attached), and clean rooms. All you can ask for really. The staff seemed really happy to be there which is not easy to find these days. Very helpful too! Would definately come back again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trav_Abr0ad
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Nanaimo, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2012

This is a nice property. Clean rooms, close to the airport, friendy accomodating efficient staff, restaurant/bar attached. gated parking. Business center located in the seating area on the lobby is not optimum. Nothing much in the immediate area to walk to - BMW, MINI, used car dealer and McDonalds.

Room Tip: Firstly, the hotel is almost directly underneath the YVR flight path but it was not a problem once i...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Kelowna, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2012

I usually book my hotel through hotwire and I usually get the holiday Inn in Richomond. For the price that I get it for its unbelievable! Checking is always quick and easy. The staff at the front desk treat you like any other guests. I find some other hotels they treat you different when they know you booked from Hotwire but not Holiday Inn! They go out of their way to find me the best room suitable for my family.

Their rooms are always very clean. I have been to higher end hotels and its gross when the walls in bathroom are always messed. I had a no disturb sign on door therefore the cleaning ladies didn't bother us but they kindly left clean towels outside our door.

If you don't mind the location this is a very pleasant hotel to stay at. I never experiences any bad situations with this hotel. I would highly recommended!

Room Tip: If you are travelling with kids I would get the upgraded room for an extra 10 dollars. It has a micr...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vistolas
british columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We have stayed here a few times on our travels, it tends to pop up on last minute opaque booking sites. The airport shuttle is dependable, check-in very easy and the hotel is bright and welcoming.

No surprises either positive or negative. I do like the choice of pillows available and the corporate makeover has smartened the brand up.

I find the Holiday Inn brand somewhat confusing though, as I too find the H I express gives more bang for the buck and is supposedly a lower category than the traditional HI. The only thing I would like to see here is either free access to a lobby computer or the ability to print boarding cards without a charge.

Restaurant on site is a nice pub style local with a great range of beers and pub style food.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ikelmay
Generalmanager3, General Manager at Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
I am very happy to hear that you were pleased with our hotel. The Airport shuttle being dependable, check in easy and the hotel being bright and welcoming are things that we hope helped you get some rest.

The boarding pass printing is complementary at our front desk and I apologize if this was not offered to you.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Holiday Inn Vancouver Airport on your next travels through Vancouver.

Andrew Maas
BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

We have just stayed at this Holiday Inn as an overnight stop between flights. So on this visit, I was only in the room a total of 6.5 hours, as we had to get the shuttle for the airport at 5:40 am.

Shuttles arrived and departed on time and both drivers were friendly and courteous. The lovely lady from County Clare checked us in and we went up to a nicely appointed room with extremely comfy beds. Our room had two doubles, I generally prefer a King bed, but I had booked this hotel as a "Top Secret Pick", so took my chances.

It was nice to have the fridge and microwave in the room, as we did have some juice to get us going in the morning. There also was coffee made in the lobby in the early morning; I didn't have any, as there was only fake cream/edible oil. But really, that one little thing was the only thing I could complain about.

I have stayed at this hotel a few times over the past ten years with my children and have always enjoyed our time. Previous visits were when we chose to stay here, rather than in downtown Vancouver. It is just nice and peaceful in this location and I like the secure parking available to guests.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank pumpermum
I am very happy to hear that you had a lovley stay with us and that "the lovely young lady from County Clare" left a lasting impression with you, she is a great addition to our team
.As you probably know we are one of the few hotels in the vancouver airport area that have secured parking. If you ever do need transport downtown we do offer complimentary shuttle to the sky train station which is only a few minutes away and from there it is a very short ride to Vancouver.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Andrew Maas