New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Sheraton Vancouver Airport Hotel
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Richmond
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kamloops, Canada
“Very bad place to stay”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2012

They did not inform me of extra charges, like $20 to park my car, cost of internet in the room is $8, and bottled water set out in the room in NOT a courtesy, they charged my account 4.50 for a 1.59 bottle of water. Corporate profits . nest time i will find a small hotel, mom and pop, way better service. Ya the thread count was high but the service was bad. the front desk clerk was so sugery nice to be horribly inauthentic it was insulting.

Room Tip: ask about what are all the extra charges that the sheriton charge for that is free at other places
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lila E
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

We were traveling from Vancouver after a cruise and had an early morning flight. So rather than spend more $ on a downtown hotel we opted to go with Hotwire for our last night. Since there were 3 of us we needed 2 beds. This hotel was very pleasant. The staff was gracious and very, very helpful. Kudo's to housekeeping too. The room was clean, the bed was delightful. Even the restaurant was very good. (prices were a little high) No free wi fi- the bane of the casual traveler but you could easily access it in the lobby or use the lobby computers. The shuttle to the airport is free and runs on the 1/2 hour. There was a large group and a second shuttle was available. The hotel is near a mall but we weren't interested in shopping since we had just spent 3 days downtown Vancouver. Check in and out was a snap and there was no mention of us using Hotwire for our room which was $86 with all the taxes and fees for a Saturday night.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Okanagan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times though I have never written a review for it. The hotel is nicely located within easy walking distance of the Richmond Centre Mall as well as many other shopping destinations. They have a 24 hour free shuttle to the airport and offer shuttle service to the Riverrock Casino. The hotel is only a few blocks away from the sky train so getting downtown is very easy.

One of the best attributes of the hotel is the staff. They always welcome you in and are willing to help you out with most every request. Andrea is a great at the front desk. The bar and restaurant have excellent staff as well. I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any one whether be for business or travelling with family.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank cpmj
seattle
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

I stayed just one nite and got a deal on Hotwire. Felt it was in a good area as lots of local restaraunts and being across from the mall was nice. I had a room with a small balcony. While the accomodations were fine, I thought the room was pretty small. Enough room for a king bed but thats about it. Location is good, the service and airport pickup was all good. Compared to some other airport hotels I felt this was just about average however it fulfilled all my needs and I'd stay there again.

Room Tip: asked for an upper floor looking south
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
God's Country, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel while business for three nights. I had hoped to check in early as I arrived early from Toronto and the conference did not begin until later in the afternoon. The staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Though my room was not yet ready, they offered to store my bags for me until it was. I was able to check in a little bit later, still an early check in, without any difficulties. In general the hotel is nicely furnished and up to date in it's appearance and appeal.

Once up in my room I was impressed by the cleanliness, the class and the updated feel of the room - lots of dark wood and modern office furniture. I appreciated the built in wardrobe for clothes and coats. The office chair was very comfortable and the desk was the proper height for working on a laptop. The bathroom was impeccably clean and very well lit. The beds were simply incredible! Very luxurious - a tad soft for my liking - but, I slept like a baby!

The conference rooms are nicely appointed though some were hard to find. This hotel basically has three different conference areas. Be sure to get a map from the front desk. The largest conference area is on the far side of the hotel. The other two extend off the hallways on either side of the front desk with some on the second floor. Also, the food provided during our conference was very good.

The small outdoor pool and pool area was well maintained and very clean, much like the rest of the hotel. Unfortunately, the hot tub was anything but - more of a lukewarm tub with very weak pressure in the jets.

The staff - front desk staff, cleaning staff, gift shop clerk, were always very friendly, accommodating and helpful and made for an overall great experience.

**Disclaimer** - I'm not generally accustomed to going on business trips and staying at business oriented hotels so I may be totally ignorant as to what to expect when staying at a business oriented hotel. So, keep that in mind when reading the following.

Once in my room I noticed a bottle of water sitting beside the TV. Feeling a little parched I picked it up and thought, "how nice of the hotel to provide bottled water." But, then I read the tag . . . it was nearly $5.00! Tap water never tasted so good, LOL! Then I went to connect to the wireless internet. I was offered the opportunity to purchase access for approximately $8.00 / day with a declining rate for multiple days. "Hmmmmm" I thought, "maybe if I just plug the firewire in it will be free." Nope, still the same rate. Confused, I headed down to the front desk. I can understand charging people who aren't registered at the hotel for internet usage; but, for a business class hotel to charge people staying at their hotel? The friendly staff explained that all was in order and then offered a solution . . . for that week only I could become an elite / preferred member of the Sheraton hotel chain (for free) and receive my internet for free for the duration of my stay. Being an internet junkie how could I say, "no"? So, as I said in my disclaimer, perhaps I am ignorant of the standards for business travel and business oriented hotels. I was simply surprised and unimpressed at not only being charged for things that tend to be included in a room fee; but, charged so much.

That being said, it is a beautiful hotel with great staff. If I were to travel to Vancouver on vacation would I stay here? Probably not. The extra, exorbitant charges left a bad taste in my mouth. However, if I'm traveling back to Vancouver on business on some one else's dime, then sure!

Room Tip: Only a handful of room face the pool area. The rest point out at the concrete jungle. Also, don...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business