“Shanghainese cuisine”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: City Centre
Reviewed 4 March 2018

Good food. Service is usual Chinese restaurant meaning you get a table, order and the food comes. Nothing more nothing less.

Reviewed 23 February 2018 via mobile

The food here is ok. We had the won ton soup, but I found it to be very salty.
The black vinegar ribs were not bad but they were really super sweet.
The shanghai dumplings were good. The green beans were good as well.
I would go back and try the noodles.... I think the table beside us had Dan Dan noodles and it looked awesome.
The service was ok, but I think they were short staffed, I had to refill my water my self.
Going back to try the noodles next time!

Reviewed 5 February 2018

we made plans to try their Sunday brunch but was a little disappointed since a lot of their popular items on the menu was not available.Later we were told by their regular customers that most of the busier days their kitchen staff couldn't keep up with the orders so they have to skip some of the more time consuming items on their menu in order to keep the flow going.( due to the face that most of their food is made to order so they can't pre-cook or pre-make it in order to maintain the quality)

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Definitely authentic shanghainese food. Parking is adequate, wait times are manageable. It gets busy and dinner can go on. Have kids bring books to read or ipad/phones. Many dishes from appetizers to dessert. It will cost you.

Reviewed 19 January 2018

We were so looking forward to eating at our Shanghainese restaurant of choice in Richmond yesterday but were greatly disappointed. It was not too busy so there is no excuse for the quality of food and service that we received. The noodles soup (braised beef and pork chop) were lukewarm - we had to request to have it heated up!! The home made sesame cake stuffed with beef has always been reliable - but yesterday, there was barely any cucumber, or beef and worse yet, it lacked flavour. It was very disappointing. On top of that, we ordered a dessert (red bean in pastry) they forgot it but charged us for it anyways. We waited patiently after discovering the mistake - and that was the only good part of the meal. I tried to give feedback to the manager who only listened half heartedly and never asked me for any details. Again this is not the Shanghai River that I knew. Over the past couple of years we have noted the drop in quality and this visit just confirmed that we will not be returning again.

2  Thank Judy C