“What The Doc Ordered”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 April 2017

After 3 weeks in Niue it was time for some Italian food. This little gem was a great find. Small, sort of intimate but great food. being hungry early we made it in for Happy Hour. The little breads with an assortment of toppings, we had garlic and olive oil, at $3.00 were delicious. The wine menu is very reasonable as they offer BYOB as well and includes Italian wine. Go figure. We had the Gorgonzola Gnocchi with the best little meatballs I have ever eaten and the Spaghetti Con Gamberoni Delicati. Very Yum! And tons of prawns with just a hint of chilis to make the tongue tingle. The food all around us that came also looked and smelled delicious. Glad we stopped by as it exactly what we were hankering for. Did I mention generous portions?

Reviewed 19 March 2017

Buona Sera has been a favorite for years! Their service is always spectacular and the meals never fail to disappoint. It is a lovely place tucked in to the heart of Devonport.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

We have been going to this little Italian restaurant for over 20 years but never again. We ordered takeaways & I asked for a pasta with just mushrooms which I have had so may times before. However the arrogant Italian who calls himself the manager decided to give me a chicken & bacon pasta takeaway & when I phoned he said well that happens in hospitality. My choice to be a vegetarian for 40 years so my choice to never go to somewhere where they couldn't care less about customer service!

Reviewed 19 January 2017

Love this restaurant in Devonport. True Italian experience - intimate venue - great menu! Great vino too! Often an Italian speaking person on the staff! A little more pricey - but this is a top restaurant so to expect that.

Reviewed 19 November 2016

A charming little restaurant with outstanding food. TIP: The very back corner table is probably not the loveliest place to sit, otherwise five stars.