“Outstanding!!!”

Ranked #310 of 3,846 Restaurants in Auckland
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

I have been to Black Cottage many times and this review is much overdue.

Black Cottage is outstanding. Every time I have been and with different people our meals have been superb. In fact everything that comes out of the kitchen looks incredible.

The service is nothing short of excellent and friendly too.

Black Cottage reminds me of one of the boutique cafes you cone across in the South Island, it's surroundings in Coatesville are stunning.

Black Cottage is a 30min drive from where I live, and is well worth it. It competes effortlessly with any good great eatery in NZ.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

As is always the case when visiting, the food was outstanding. Service was very good and coffees were very nice albeit somewhat weaker tasting than normal. But overall another very enjoyable visit a place I recommend highly

Reviewed 8 February 2017

Have been to the cafe for lunch and brunch, both were very good. The food is excellent, however be aware that they are really busy at weekends so kitchen service can be a little slow. However this is not bad news as all meals are cooked fresh to order so you have time to enjoy the great coffee, a beer or wine.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

We had our annual Christmas lunch here in December. As usual the food was delicious and the service was quick an efficient. We were a big group and all our orders were delivered rapidly.

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

Went here for breakfast the morning of my wedding with my groomsmen and the food was served hot, reasonably timed and the venue is very well set up
Highly recommended