Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Rudi844
Melbourne, Australia

Great view in the CBD

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 14 Oct 2015via mobile
Stayed the first time at this hotel, what I liked I got onto the 29th floor which gave me a fantastic view over the Auckland harbour and surroundings. Bed was good and bathroom was clean.
The room itself was old but ok. The couch in the living room wasn't good at all as the armchair too hard no chance to enjoy a sit down.
Otherwise great area around in the middle of the CBD.
Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled on business
Udai S, Director of Sales at Auckland Harbour Suites, responded to this review
Responded 20 Oct 2015
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Auckland Harbour Oaks for your recent stay in Auckland. It was good to note that you found great value and enjoyed the location with great views. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We do have phased refurbishment planned in the near future. Please stay in touch direct as we can provide you our best rates always.
₹10,486
  • Algotels
17.1 km from Auckland Harbour Suites
View more hotels in Auckland
1,084 results
All reviews auckland harbour amazing views sky tower central location new zealand britomart dishwasher viaduct wharf cafes ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 October 2015 via mobile

To look at the positives first, the location was great, heaps of nice restaurants around. Washer and drier which was great and room was comfortable and free wifi.
On the down side, most of the staff were not only rude but completely ignorant! I don't know what the story is but no on said hello when you walked past them in the lobby, booking in was like I was a bother to the young girl and there was only one staff member during our stay who said hello, passing them in the lobby I am use to making eye contact and saying hello, the staff here just look away from you, I found it pretty rude and uncomfortable, for this reason I would not stay again when there are so many other options....also, I don't know what the story is when you flush the toilets but you need to be a weight lifter to actually press the button in, I thought it was only me but I see another review stating the same thing

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Udai S, Director of Sales at Auckland Harbour Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2015

Dear Valued Guest
I am glad you enjoyed the location great views and, all that the apartment offers as compared to a traditional hotel that offer smaller rooms at higher prices. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am disappointed to see that you did not find on the team the warmth and caring attitude that we really pride ourselves on. This will be taken up with the reception team to ensure that every guest is well looked after at our property. Please stay in touch direct as we look forward to welcome you again soon.

Reviewed 28 September 2015

As an optimist I prefer to focus on the good, great location, a lot of apartment crammed into a small space. I am an Auckland regular around three times a year, I choose the hotel due to the location -walking- public transport and easy access to North and South highway and I needed to take people out and it is surrounded by great bars & restaurants, called up, in room wifi & parking, tick tick tick, tick! Drove from the airport checked in (checkout was equally smooth), nice staff, Appt 12 could see a bit of the harbour, the room was airy so all good! The beefs, parking was $30 a day, Wifi in my room was paid, there was no heating I had to get a heater bought up (which worked a dream), the bathroom needed work, it took leg bracing and two thumbs to the flush the loo, I am 190cm and 95Kg so it took some effort, there was no plugs, no soap dish in the shower and the extractor fan was loose. The other reviewers who said the hallways were shabby are correct, the corridors are really narrow so they are scuffed and give a bad impression.

Summary, I could have gone to a better ranked hotel with free parking and wifi by the time I had stayed 3 or 4 nights due to the extra fees. The hotel is sooooo close to a great review everything is right but there is a quality is lacking, surely the cleaners most notice you cant flush the loo, how do you shave with no plug unless you waste millions of litres of water? Get some advice on colour and lighting in the corridors and follow through. As my school report used to say, good but needs to smarten up and do better.

Room tip: Higher floors have better views and less weekend street sounds.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kabwe

Dear Valued Guest
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I am glad you enjoyed the great location, convenience and all that the apartment offers as compared to a traditional hotel that offer smaller rooms at higher prices. Maintenance department have been alerted to concerns you raised. We shall take your suggestions with planned future improvements! Please stay in touch direct as we hope to welcome you back at Auckland Harbour Oaks with our best rates.

Reviewed 20 September 2015

Toilet would not stop flushing, making it impossible to sleep in one of the bedrooms, therefore had to use the room with more traffic noise.
Shower did not drain = disgusting. Shower holder broken, enamel coming off the bath, taps dribbled water down the shower wall and onto the floor.
Basin did not drain properly = total gross-out.
Mouldy curtains. Rooms need more regular maintenance obviously.

Room tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MoseyAround

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am terribly disappointed to read that your stay was not to your satisfaction. I have addressed your concerns with our Maintenance Manager and Housekeeping team. We have phased refurbishment on plan and it would be helpful in rectifying the problem for future guests if you could provide me with your room number and stay date. My email is – feedback@vrhotels.co.nz.

Reviewed 20 September 2015 via mobile

Very spacious apartment type room, kitchenette and balcony. Washing machine and dryer in bathroom. Perfect for us coming back off a two week camper van trip. Lovely views of the harbour and 24 hour reception. Only a 5 minute walk from Queen street.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Udai S, Director of Sales at Auckland Harbour Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2015

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Auckland Harbour Oaks for your recent stay in Auckland. I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable time and loved the location with great views. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest and look forward to your return visit. Please stay in touch direct as we can provide you our best rates always.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 19 September 2015 via mobile

Location fantastic
Free wifi
Roomy
Bed - one good one bad
Some other reviews said no daily service - mine was serviced
Good gym
Pool although I didn't try
Some of the fitout and carpet is tired but that didn't annoy me much
24 hour reception
Quality washing machine etc

As I say if I get a reasonable price I'd consider staying again

Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Auckland Harbour Oaks. I am glad you enjoyed the great location views and, all that the apartment offers as compared to a traditional hotel that offer smaller rooms at higher prices. There are no properties in Auckland that can match what we offer with complimentary Wi-Fi. Please stay in touch direct as we would love to welcome you again in future.