“Second visit”

ile de france
Price range: US$ 12 - US$ 26
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: ile de france serves authentic French cuisine coupled with an extensive selection of wines from all over France. The atmosphere is rustic, cosy French style creating a lovely warm ambience in which to enjoy truly French cuisine made from fresh local ingredients and created by Chef Gilles Papst. French cuisine just as it should be, and just as you would eat in France... the ideal place to meet with good friends and linger over delicious food and wine.
Reviewed 13 March 2014

It was 2 years since we last visited this restaurant. I did not review it at the time because I wanted to give it a second chance. Sadly the second experience was the same. Terrible decor, hardly French at all. Sloppy service. Tatty menus and wine lists. Inappropriate music for a supposedly French restaurant. Not French at all. Saved from total disaster by the food which was not bad at all. My slow braised lamb was good, and my wife's steak, fries with bernaise sauce got the thumbs up. What a shame the environment lets things down so badly. We live 400 metres away and would be regular clients if all aspects were up to scratch.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is our favourite restaurant and we are always delighted by the excellent service and delicious meals. The presentation is memorable, the meat tender, the vegetables crisp and they can do spectacular potatoes in so many ways.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Just as promoted, a proper French restaurant but don't be mislead by the term, proper. It is everthing you would expect from a Bistro style french restaurant. Relaxed, great food, very friendly service and an excellent wine list. We went on a Friday night and were surprised it wasn't more crowded. A little worried we had made the wrong choice. We had not. This was recommended by some locals who frequent the restaurant. They were 100% right. The onion soup was a light serving. The terrine was much more generous and wonderful. The steaks were done to perfection. Stay away from the crowds and enjoy a great meal.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

I went to Ile de France last week and the meal and service was just stunning.

I tried the escargot entree and was blown away. The last time I had them, I thought I was eating an eraser. The main course of duck was possibly the best I have ever hard, with little or no fat.

The cost was worth every cent.

Reviewed 5 December 2013

This place is very relaxed and understated but the food is fantastic and truly French. Four of us went, had four courses each - breads and terrines then an entrée, main and desserts/cheeses. Every dish for all us was a hit - delicious sauces, magnificent terrines, tender meats, delightful desserts. I could go on and on. There was an interesting wine and non-alcoholic drinks list to go with it and excellent service. They made it a truly memorable occasion for us. We will be back and have already recommended Ile De France to many people. If you are a foodie, this is a must do. Prices are not crazy either.