We went for a destination wedding (that pretty much filled the resort) and it was not only a beautiful place for an event like that, it was a romantic getaway and a great time with friends we hadn't seen. Easy to meet for breakfast or on the beach or swim in the lagoon. The watersport equipment is so accessible, you just swim over (or walk over) and ask for a paddle board or kayak. It's very laid back but also very luxurious, like your own island getaway. The grounds and the ocean and wind -- all very beautiful and romantics. And the owner/manager, Jenny Wood, is incredibly present and lovely. I was not a huge fan of Jamaica as a destination, but this resort changed my mind. You can have an amazing trip and never leave the property and still get a great taste of Jamaica. ALSO the spa is a collection of little cottages. "The best massage I've ever had" was said by everyone (including me) who experienced it. An hour massage makes you think it's been two hours, it's so relaxing and luxurious. Go and experience for a special romantic vacation or a decadent friend or family reunion or wedding or party.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye Hotel & Resort overlooks the Caribbean Sea in the quiet village of Oracabessa Bay on Jamaica’s north coast. Named after one of Ian Fleming’s World War II missions, Operation GoldenEye, this Island Outpost property is owned by Chris Blackwell, Jamaica-raised founder of Island Records. The stunning 52-acre property is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests and a singular lagoon. There are 49 stand-alone Beach Huts, Lagoon Cottages and Beach and Lagoon Villas, as well as Fleming Villa, designed by Fleming, himself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your GoldenEye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- GoldenEye Jamaica/Oracabessa, Saint Mary Parish