A truly relaxing, beautiful, interesting, and friendly resort.
I sometimes find it hard to relax on beach holidays but it is so safe and comfortable here it is impossible not to chill out and re-charge your batteries. I travelled on my own, but the staff are genuinely friendly and it's very easy to feel at home.
The beach cottages (where I stayed) and the lagoon suites contrast quite a bit - both seem great. The beach cottages genuinely feel like beach living with the constant sound of surf and access straight onto the beach. The lagoon side is incredibly tranquil and still by comparison.
I'm not hugely into water sports - there is plenty to do if you are - but even so enjoyed visiting the Fleming villa (with his former gardener, Ramsey, that brought it all to life) (note, if the villa is hired you may not get access), visiting Firefly, and walking into the local village. I enjoyed learning about the Jamaican culture and lifestyle, and have bought the James Bond Dr. No movie (shot locally) and a Bob Marley album on my return!
A wonderful, well run resort in a unique location - don't tell too many people, and it will remain a location for 'licence to chill' holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GoldenEye Hotel & Resort overlooks the Caribbean Sea in the quiet village of Oracabessa Bay on Jamaica’s north coast. Named after one of Ian Fleming’s World War II missions, Operation GoldenEye, this Island Outpost property is owned by Chris Blackwell, Jamaica-raised founder of Island Records. The stunning 52-acre property is home to secret coves, breathtaking private beaches, tropical forests and a singular lagoon. There are 49 stand-alone Beach Huts, Lagoon Cottages and Beach and Lagoon Villas, as well as Fleming Villa, designed by Fleming, himself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your GoldenEye reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Goldeneye Hotel Oracabessa
- Goldeneye Hotel Ocho Rios
- Goldeneye Resort Ocho Rios
- GoldenEye Jamaica/Oracabessa, Saint Mary Parish