“HEAVENLY- like no other resort!”
Review of GoldenEye

GoldenEye
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Oracabessa
New York City, New York
“HEAVENLY- like no other resort!”
Reviewed 13 December 2011

Amazingly beautiful getaway! Tucked away in the lagoon= the perfect relaxation destination. I jumped off our private deck within minutes of arriving....Simply put, Goldeneye is the dream vacation. Perfect for the traveler who seeks a beautiful romantic backdrop, totally private yet filled with fun filled activities, authentic Jamaican cuisine, and of course the unbeatable laid back vibe! I left kicking and screaming, asking my boyfriend if we could extend our stay... please could we extend or stay. I will be back 200%!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank JCHESS
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Reviewed 3 November 2011

Goldeneye was truly a paradise. There were so many little surprises that made the vacation special, and I will not ruin them for the next traveler. Half the fun is discovering the property and the customer service. We stayed in Villa 002, and it was beautiful. I believe the Villa could easily sleep 2 couples. There is a separate kitchen area which is great. After a couple of days, we went shopping for snacks and drinks so the kitchen came in handy. The Villa is broken into two parts, a main two story house and a detached second bedroom. The "master bedroom" is upstairs in the main house. The view from master was amazing. Every morning we could overlook the water and feel the warm breeze. The second bedroom has an outdoor shower which was amazing. There is also a nice hammock for lounging within the villa. But the weather was so nice, there was no time for lounging, the lagoon was the favorite hangout for my hubby and I! We can jump right into the lagoon from the backyard of the villa. The lagoon was a great temperature for October and very clear. I am not a particularly strong swimmer; however the water is shallow near the villas and you can get a life vest for the deeper parts.

The spa was good. We did the couples massage which was relaxing and soothing. I also did the manicure and pedicure. Both were great. The one CON is that the mani/pedi was pretty expensive. I paid about twice what I would have paid in the states and was a little put off by the cost. But I am on vacation so I let it ride. Next time I would pass...

The food and drinks at the restaurants were good. As many have said, try Jamaican. I am not particularly fond of jerk or curry foods, but the food at the restaurants were delicious! My favorite dish was the Parrot Fish.

The customer service and the care for each guest is what makes the property so wonderful. Between Darby explaining the history of Jamaica as he took us on excursions to Danny and the other lifeguard showing us on around the water and helping us on the kayaks, it was truly a great experience. I highly recommend this property!

I did want to point a few tips...

There are mosquitos. We survived, but bring protection and ask Dale to help out with spray. Also, everyone is really friendly and helpful, but we almost had a few..ahem...moments... as they walked into the villa to clean etc. While the food was great, if you want hamburgers or steak, order them more rare than you normally would. My medium seemed more like well done, so we ordered medium rare from that point forward which did the trick. Lastly, the property is really discreet and secluded which is really romantic but if you wanted a party scene count on paying a driver to take you to Ocho Rios for that type of scene. Other than that, the resort was a gem and we can't wait to return.

Room Tip: While I loved Villa 2, we did tour the property. The Lagoon Suites are beautiful and are some the le...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Courtney C
Firenze
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Goldeneye is part of a large estate that incluedes the former house of Ian Fleming in jamaica.
You can understand why Mr Fleming wrote so many james bond adventures in this retreat: there is nothing to do except watching sea, plants, birds and mosquitos.
I am not a fan of jamaica and honestly 2 hours drive (or 30 minutes flight from ian fleming airport) from Montego bay are a lot...but this resort seams to attract a lot of international celebrities (Gisele, sadie frost and kate moss all there at the same time).
the service is really slow and sometimes the breakfast was a nightmere...the dinner a little better.
the beach is very small, but the rooms nice

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
7 Thank mgiornet
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Just recently got back from short stay at Goldeneye with a group of friends from school. It truly was one of the nicest places I've ever stayed. Firstly, the place is just gorgeous. The first view of the bridge taking you over the lagoon left everyone speechless. The Villas are everything I would want in my very own home. And the service is really where this place excels. The staff and management are incredibly nice and they bended over backwards to make sure we were taken care of. Oh, and the breakfasts are incredible (And included!). Would go back here in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ben A
New Orleans
Reviewed 27 October 2011

Let's keep it between us. We stayed in a lagoon and beach cottage while we were there. It was funny, both had fully equipped kitchens but the lagoon cottage didn't have any pots and pans and they seemed to have all ended up in other kitchens around the property. It was so nice to be able to self-cater a light meal when I was tired of the resorts delicious food. We stayed in Jun 2011, and I'm counting down the days until I can go back. But please, I'd like to keep the rum daiquiris and the island hammock reserved for myself.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank govinda8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oracabessa
14.0 km away
#2 of 62 in Montego Bay
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,021 reviews
99.4 km away
Sandals Royal Caribbean Resort and Private Island

Been to GoldenEye? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK