“The best "steaks" in the York area.”
Review of The Rythre Arms

The Rythre Arms
Ranked #2 of 29 Restaurants in Tadcaster
Price range: US$ 13 - US$ 70
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Rythre Arms has been the Steak Mecca of Yorkshire for over 32 years. We are situated in a traditional, centuries old, pub restaurant nestled between Tadcaster and Selby and serve the best locally sourced beef available. Our steaks are matured and butchered on the premises and range in size from the modest 6 ounce Fillet to the Rythre Monster that comes in at an awe-inspiring 78 ounces!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Have been repeatedly advised to give the "Steak House" a try - but until a few days ago - had not done so - which I now regret.

This is literally the best place for steaks in the whole of the York / Tadcaster area.

This was my families birthday treat to me - so I had a 20oz "T-bone" (with all the trimmings) as my main course - which was superb - it was so succulent that it literally melted in the mouth.

Although this is not a "cheap" venue - & is located in the countryside in what looks like a small "pub" - it truly is worth the effort - both in mileage & cost to go there.

In addition, the staff are extremely helpful & provided excellent service.

I would highly recommend this Retaurant to anyone who enjoys quality food..

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I went to the Rythre arms with my husband. On arriving to the car park or cow park you could tell it was going to be a lovely evening. Everything has been thought of to make the experience unique. The bar man was brilliant making you feel welcome and serving customers quickly. We were taken to our table and our order was taken at a good pace giving you time to think whilst not leaving you waicing. My husband had garlic mushroons which were in a lovely creamy garlic sauce. The bread given with it was great to dip in. The main course came to 14oz steaks one cooked medium well and one rare to medium. They were cooked to perfection. They were served with vegetables, chips and mushrooms in a side dish to share. All in all the food was superb we will definitely be back. The staff were lovely and welcoming and attentive to your needs.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

I've just returned from a birthday lunch at the Rythre and it's still amazing! We were a party of 18 - 10 adults and 8 children - celebrating a 70th birthday and nothing was too much trouble for Barbara and her fabulous team. A warm welcome, friendly and efficient service combined with absolutely great food makes for a smashing experience. My wife and I used to be regular visitors to the Rythre but we hadn't been for a couple of years. I've no idea why that is but we'll be sure to visit again in the not too distant future. Fabulous!!!

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

Been coming here now for 8 years. Still the best steak I’ve ever had. Tried the mixed grill this time. Ribeye , lamb and Pork. It was amazing. Couldn’t each much of the veg and chips as there was so much meat haha. Managed to share a sticky toffee pudding though. Fav restaurant ever.

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Best steak I've had in the UK. Great atmosphere and very friendly staff. Portions were generous, steaks were very well cooked, exactly how we had ordered them. Sides were well presented and again there was plenty of food. We will be returning to try something else on the menu.