All reviewsfull montycity centrefamily roomsmall hotelpark and ridepleasant walktea and coffee facilitiesnight stayfree parkingmin walkenglish breakfastfollowing morninggood nights sleepa lovely stayyogurtyorkhairdryer
Reviewed 19 December 2017 via mobile

After staying here a few times before I must say the stay gets better each time. Excellent staff, especially Denise......great lady had me and my wife laughing all weekend (in a good way). Great location, away from all the hustle and bustle of the city centre (about 10 minutes maximum walk). Great breakfast in the morning, really sets you up for the day. I will be staying here again in the future, and I must say it's a pleasure to stay here. Thanks to all the staff who do a great job making people's stay pleasant. Keep up the good work.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 December 2017

My wife and I stayed at the Beechwood Close Hotel for a Friday and Saturday Night break. This happened to be the second weekend of December 2017 when we had a major cold spell. The hotel has an excellent car park and is located close to York, being a 17 Minute Work to the Minster, so thumbs up here. Upon arrival we were greeted by Coleen who was an absolute pleasure to meet, really helpful to us and it's really due to her help that I didn't score this as a 2* Review!!! The major issue we had ( with Room 8 ) was that there was a Freezing blast of air blowing through the windows! The opening windows opened from top to bottom of the frame, I'd say that there was a 4mm gap from the window to frame when shut in the closed position, this obviously created not a pleasant temperature in the room.....I wouldn't have this at home so shouldn't have had this at the Beechwood! I did report this and NO offer was given to facilitate a change of room for our second nights stay, although I did get 2 large bath towels to put across the windows, but this was ONLY a token help due to opening direction of the windows. Also, the kitchen extraction discharged outside room 8, so at times due to poor fitting windows we suffered a smell of cooking in our room!!! Bar service was good at the hotel, as were the breakfasts, really good in fact. Hotel kindly obliged with filling my flask for journey home as snow for the duration home was forecast!!! I'd emphasise the staff were great as were the majority of the other aspects at the hotel, other than UHT milks were not replaced over night. No other issues than I'm afraid the window draft issue! Whilst there may be a listing order on the hotel, it's time to spend some £££ and fit some decent windows......As I recall we paid £185 for our stay, no offer of ANY partial refund was made...although to be honest this was not requested at the time......This could so easily be a 4* review if a little Cash was spent. Again Coleen is a major asset at the hotel, thanks for all of your great service.

Room Tip: Great Base for visit to York - Don't get Room 8 !!!!!
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tony M
Reviewed 4 December 2017

We had a 3 night stay when visiting York to go to the Xmas market. Having spent some time on the Internet looking for a Hotel I came across the Beechwood Close Hotel.
It was the only one I found which offered free guaranteed parking and it has one space for each room in the hotel. It only takes 15 minutes to walk to the city centre and there is a bus stop close by if you don't want to walk. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. We booked a room which had a shower over the bath, a king size bed, had tea and coffee making facilities and overlooked the garden at the back of the hotel. We found it quiet at night.
All in all we very pleased with our choice and would book again if we return to York. We will also recommend this hotel to our friends

Room Tip: We booked room 2 at the back of the Hotel
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2017

My daughter recently stayed over night at this venue. It was within walking distance of york it's self.

Clean premises.
Our room had very comfortable beds and pillows with crisp white bed linen. Quilt a bit thin for this time of year.
Family room had a extra bed in the corner of the room. Ensuite clean possibly an update as some of the items look a bit worn.
Breakfast my daughters was hot, mine was Luke warm, mentioned to the manager, she explained that her breakfast had been really good.
Feel as though it was over priced, as I was under the impression, that breakfast was included in the price. On arrival we were informed, breakfast was extra. We could have an evening meal, there was a table in the corner by the bar, due to a wedding party being in.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Mrs V H
Reviewed 19 November 2017

Hotel room decoration a little tired but had eveything that you might need. Hotel staff very friendly, very warm welcome. nice breakfast. Only a 25 minute walk into centre of York, nice location, quiet.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family