“The good reports lived up!”
Review of The Fox at Lyng

The Fox at Lyng
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Lyng
Price range: US$ 7 - US$ 30
Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: WINNERS of Norfolk food and drink awards 2016 - BEST PUB A refurbished country pub and restaurant in the heart of this Norfolk Village. Using fresh foods and local ingredients each meal whether it's a sandwich to an a'la carte dish is lovingly prepared by the team of chefs and all served with a smile and friendly efficient service. Call in for a drink, a snack or a meal. All welcome. Traditional bar with real ales, dart board & pool table. Also available Breakfast served in the summer from 9 - 11am on a Sunday Pub kitchen serving Tuesday - Saturday 12 - 9pm Sundays breakfast 9 - 11am. Lunch 12 - 4. Evening 5 - 8pm Mondays we do not open our kitchen but have a different street food vendor each week in our beer garden throughout the summer. Eat in or takeaway (april - September) Commendations of excellence 2015,2016,2017
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped by The Fox for a Sunday Lunch after hearing no end of great reports about the place! We were not disappointed! It really lived up to the hype!

I am seriously struggling to think of a roast that even comes close to The Fox. It had everything! Quality, Quantity, Freshness, Good Price, Presented Well, I could go on and on.

The one thing that really stood out though was the professionalism of the staff. They couldn't have been more friendly and helpful. There's a lot to be said about staff and their manor in a lot of places now a days, but the staff here were exceptional! A major credit to the business. I wish I had taken the lady's names as they deserve a massive credit for being so welcoming.

Will be coming back to try the evening menu!

1  Thank TheDurbanGrill
tuddenhamlodge, Owner at The Fox at Lyng, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

That's a fantastic review and word of mouth is by far our best way of advertising so I'm really pleased we were as good as you were told!

The Sunday staff serving were led by Mara and yes the team are a massive credit to us.

We hope you will be back soon!

Many thanks

Reviewed 3 April 2018

dropped in for lunch and had a fantastic meal, which was also superb value. A friendly atmosphere and one of the best desserts I have ever had. Looking forward to returning soon!

tuddenhamlodge, Owner at The Fox at Lyng, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Wow. what dessert did you have - I love them all (I wish I didn't!)

look forward to your next visit

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Our first visit since this had changed hands and was delighted to find another pub/ restaurant that we would visit again. Very friendly welcome despite the fact that we hadn’t booked and for a Thursday lunch time they were very busy. A varied selection of meals at a reasonable price. Service was exemplary and particular attention was given to our 11 yr old grandson who accompanied us. The meals were of a good proportion - very well presented and tasted great. We ate in one of the bars but noted that there was a restaurant at the back of the property and next time we will visit of an evening to try this out.

tuddenhamlodge, Owner at The Fox at Lyng, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Indeed you should return to try the restaurant on an evening - please request a table in the restaurant when you book.

Thankyou for taking the time to review your visit

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food. Fantastic friendly and helpful staff. Wonderful atmosphere. What else can I say. Steak was one of my top ten steaks ever so that says a lot because I love steak. Highly recommend

We are honoured to be in your top 10! now we have a mission so you will have to return until me make 1st place!

Reviewed 24 March 2018

The last time I was here I joined my uncle to celebrate his Golden wedding in the early 70s. It has changed but received the same warm welcome. We were lucky to get a table on a Saturday lunch time. Next time we will make sure we book. This is an extremely popular pub. I'm not surprised - the food was delicious.

tuddenhamlodge, Owner at The Fox at Lyng, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thankyou, so pleased you loved your meals and your welcome.

Lets hope it's not 40 years until your next visit!