New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Perfect for every phase of life!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fireside Lodge Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in South Lake Tahoe
Fireside Lodge Bed and Breakfast
Redwood City, California
“Perfect for every phase of life!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and I discovered Fireside Lodge through pet friendly listings about 6 years ago. Before we had our 3 year old son we went there with our Austrian Shepards and had a blast! In the winter there were great trials behind the property for snow shoeing. Dave and Christine are excellent and relaxed hosts who made every visit very enjoyable. They made reservations for us at restaurants they suggested and each place we went Dave and Christine were right on the money!
So now with our 3 year old son, it got even better! We started to bring our friends with children our son's age and Dave made these sled ramps behind the property bordering on the national forrest! Snow shoeing with the kids and dogs now and with great smores in the comfy and warm firepit after dinner, not to mention wine and cheese int he evenings and air hockey and skeetball after breakfast with the kids while we get ready to go skiing at Sierra!
We definately recommend this B&B. It's comfy, convenient (waffles for breakfast! and snacks all day long! and very close to hiking w/o driving!!!). We are going to continue going so long as Dave and Christine run the place. Very well decorated too!

Room Tip: All of them are clean and comfy and convenient from room to car.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Jersey City, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

We chose to in Fireside Lodge for my birthday after reading great reviews. The stay was everything that we anticipated lot more. The rooms have these various themes and have real character unlike hotels that are generally standard and have nothing new to offer. The kitchenette had everything-from dishes to coffee-maker and even a slow cooker. There were few books in the room that you could spend time reading or they have a great dvd library to choose movies from.
The game room is a cute addition and the happy hour and smores by fire pit are really good touch to this friendly place. The owners David and Christie are quite friendly and ready to help you explore and enjoy the Tahoe experience. The Breakfast was delicious and had pretty much everything to kick-start your day.
It is a great place to meet new people and share your adventures and ideas. We met some really interesting and fun folks here with whom we had great conversation.
And how can I forget Kona-the friendly yellow Lab, whom you fall in love with the moment she comes to greet you. I am not very comfortable around dogs but she sure won me over. Yes, for all the dog lovers, this place is pet friendly!
To sum it all up, if we make a Trip to Tahoe again, this sure will be the place that we would be staying. Loved everything about the B&B and would recommend this lovely place to anyone who wants to have a real Tahoe experience.

MJ

Room Tip: 1. If traveling with kids ask for bigger room. They have 9 rooms in total each different from the ot...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laxmi2012
Vacaville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed at the Fireside Lodge by myself, but I can't wait to go back with my family. It's a lovely little gem; the owners have thought of everything. I'm not usually one to spend time in the community areas of most hotels/motels, but there I felt totally comfortable and welcome. One morning I spent over an hour visiting with the owner over breakfast. It was just like hanging out at my own kitchen table with family. I also brought my dog with me, and she (my dog) LOVED it. Every morning she made a bee-line to the dining room to say good morning to everyone. They even had special treats for their doggy guests, like dog treats, ball chuckers, and even doody bags in case you forget yours. From now on, this will be the place I stay whenever I go back to Tahoe.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Fair Oaks, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

Stayed 1 night (March 10th). I viewed the website on-line and read a couple reviews. Needed a pet-friendly place and Fireside Lodge fit the bill. Based on website photos, I mistakenly thought these were all small cabins but in fact, are adjoining rooms in a small motel.

But....this is a first rate property with every detail and amenity thought through. Kudos to owners Christine and Dave for creating a remarkable, pet friendly B&B. Without giving too much away, I will simply say to those who are considering Fireside Lodge, if you want an outstanding and charming B&B experience, this is the place. I could see the value in spending a 3-4 night ski trip.

Regrets- missing the nightly s'mores by the firepit
Suggestions: consider pillow-top bed covers and feather pillows

Thanks to Fireside for a great stay!

Hugo & Katrina

Room Tip: Can't miss. Decorated in vintage Lake Tahoe motif.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank John J
Oakland, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

We love the Fireside Lodge. We stayed there in 2010 and again this month and probably won't stay anywhere else in the Tahoe area. The location is great for a toddler to get out and play in the snow. The owners are hands-on and have lots of little touches which make the place special. It truly feels like you are their guest, not their customer.

Our trips have been an opportunity to get our toddler some time to play in the snow while letting mommy have a "stay-cation" at home. The lodge is great for letting my daughter run wild in the snow. The forest is literally steps from the rooms, so we can be actively involved in play almost instantly and can be back to a warm, dry room within a few minutes. I can't imagine a better setup.

I also love the fact that while the forest is immediately available, stores and shops are a short drive away. Whatever you discover you left at home is a few minutes away.

A few specifics comments:
Each room is unique. You should definitely talk to them about your room selection if you have any particular desires.

I found the Moose room to feel a little cramped for the three of us; the chairs were so large it made it difficult to get around the room. That said, it was nice enough that I'd stay in the same room again.

The Galaga and Ms. Pacman machines get turned off each night, so your record-setting high score will disappear by morning. The skeeball prizes take a lot of tickets, so don't expect to cash them in on anything.

Consider taking advantage of the complimentary breakfast, happy hour snacks, and fireside s'mores. We've met some nice people while saving a few dollars by not eating out.

Biggest complaint: the wifi connection was slow and intermittent. (AT&T data service was good, though.) Of course, if you're vacationing in Tahoe, why are you on the internet?

It's not a 5-star resort or a ski-in lodge, but it is a safe, comfortable place to stay with enough flexibility to accommodate the varied needs of familes, couples, and other travellers.

Room Tip: Each room is unique, so make sure you discuss any particular needs or wants prior to booking.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family