1960s motor lodge. Not been updated since then. No breakfast. Pool OK but they didn't keep towels replenished. Room had duct tape over the holes in the rug; the tub door did not slide, forcing me to get out over the toilet; and the sink had no stopper to safely insert contact lenses. Significant price jump from Thursday night to Friday night. Refrigerator and microwave in room. Very noisy. No a/c. Ceiling fan. Window opened but screen did not fit tightly. Office was open during odd hours. Room did not have washcloths and soap when we arrived. We had to ask. Lock on door was so loose that it was hard to turn the key and open the door.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ambassador Motor Lodge, nestled between large pine and poplar trees, steps away from the pristine shores of Tahoe's Lake, one of the largest lakes in America. If golfing is your passion we are a breath away from the "celebrity noted" golf courses in California. "When you can stay here, why stay anywhere else" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Ambassador Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Motor Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Motel Lake Tahoe