Our room was clean and roomy. Hotels here tend to not have air conditioning because it cools down at night. I felt a little nervous about having the window open, though. I would have liked to have a rod to put in so I could crack it a bit but not feel like anyone walking by could come in.
There are a number of sitting areas around and people tend to hang out and relax outside in the evenings. There is a nice roomy deck and a grassy area with a picnic table. Unfortunately the pool had not been filled.
It was an excellent location to walk to Harvey's Outdoor Arena, just a few minute's walk. Also with the room you get a free pass to Lakeside Beach which is about a 5 minute walk away and very nice--much calmer than Zephyr Cove.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ambassador Motor Lodge, nestled between large pine and poplar trees, steps away from the pristine shores of Tahoe's Lake, one of the largest lakes in America. If golfing is your passion we are a breath away from the "celebrity noted" golf courses in California. "When you can stay here, why stay anywhere else" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Expedia so you can book your Ambassador Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Motor Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Motel Lake Tahoe