Hotel was built in the 1960's and I don't think anything had been updated since, turquoise bathroom suite and some very retro lighting.
Having said this the rooms were spotlessly clean when we arrived but were not cleaned during our stay.
The reception desk was not manned and had to be contacted via a telephone, staff were in very short supply.
The complementary breakfast was in a very dark room and appeared to consist of toast, so we ate out each day.
We did however use the on site BBQ which was great
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ambassador Motor Lodge, nestled between large pine and poplar trees, steps away from the pristine shores of Tahoe's Lake, one of the largest lakes in America. If golfing is your passion we are a breath away from the "celebrity noted" golf courses in California. "When you can stay here, why stay anywhere else" ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Booking.com so you can book your Lake Tahoe Ambassador Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ambassador Motor Hotel South Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Hotel Lake Tahoe
- Ambassador Motel Lake Tahoe