Lake Tahoe Ambassador Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
7 Seas Inn at Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Alpine Inn & Spa(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Basecamp South Lake Tahoe(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Capri Motel(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Cedar Inn(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Rodeway Inn Casino Center(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Blue Jay Lodge(South Lake Tahoe)
View Hotel
Roadside Inn(Lake Tahoe (California))
View Hotel
Tahoe Tropicana Lodge(Lake Tahoe (California))
View Hotel
All reviewsgrassy areacheck in was easynice place to stayheavenly gondolatahoeroomymicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2015

Wouldn't stay here again. I made last minute plans to come up to Tahoe, and this place had some of the few rooms left. There's a reason for that.

I've stayed in multiple "budget" motels in this area over the years. This was definitely the worst. Something feels creepy about this place.

The 1st night I stayed in (I think) Room 25, which is directly across from the office on the other side of the pool. She told me brightly that it was refurbished. But when I went in, it felt like an echo chamber. Large room with fake wood floors without an area rug...dingy white walls...sparse old '60's furniture...hardly any blankets on the bed (and those were thin & worn). And the heater turned out to be broken (no wonder I froze!).

Overall, the main problem-- the room was CREEPY. Mental institution freaky. Seriously. I didn't sleep a wink.

The next night, I asked to change rooms and she gave me one two doors down from the office on the first floor. It was still ugly & dingy, but at least it had carpet (mojo ugly green) but not that freaky feeling.

btw, She wouldn't credit me for the 1st night based on the heater being broken (even though she acknowledged it was).

Staying here? Good luck.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank BayAreaGal
Reviewed 13 October 2015

We stayed at a much cuter place across the street (7 Seas) and "Amber" at the Ambassador ran her lame leaf blower for hours, even after I asked her PLEASE to stop. We had no peace and quiet in our room and had to relax with the door shut on a gorgeous fall day. If I had been a guest there that would have been even more annoying. Apparently she does this ALL DAY a couple days a week. Very rude and loud, echoes all around the area.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travelerofplaces
Reviewed 25 August 2015 via mobile

Was the best time I had. Pool was awesome the staff was polite, check in was fast and also was able to here the outside concerts Jackson Browne and Elton John who needs to buy tickets when you can here it from motel, it was two nights I won't forget. We also went to private beach and saw the most beautiful sunset ever. We are definitely staying here again.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2015

I will NEVER stay here again! Booked a room 4 months ago, well in advance of an Elton John concert nearby at Harveys. Stayed here last month for a night and when I checked out, confirmed the stay for this past weekend. All OK. Called 2 days before arrival to confirm again, no problem the lady said. Drive up to Tahoe, went to check in, and there were no rooms, and my reservation was cancelled. This was 3 in the afternoon! Not like we came in at midnight! Didn't matter that I had a valid confirmation #. I'm sure they sold my room for twice the price, as everything in So. Lake Tahoe was sold out.
Found a room in a (another) hotel for twice the price of the original Ambassador rate, farther away, maybe not quite as ratty as the Ambassador.
Will NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
3  Thank Maggiepup
Reviewed 3 December 2014 via mobile

I spent my summer in Tahoe. During my stay in Ambassador Motor lodge there was nothing that i can complain. Everything was really perfect, especially staff was really friendly. Location of the motel is also good. Very close to the beach and during the stay guests get free entrance pass for the beach.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo