1,184 results
All reviews front desk hot tub free upgrade private beach living room the general manager full kitchen within walking distance king suite heavenly village flat screen we've stayed small kitchen mini fridge off season heavenly ski resort gas fireplace
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Their key system was down when we stayed there. The concierge had to let us in each time we wanted to get into our rooms which was fine. On our second day, they fixed the system, however they failed to give all the guests their keys and closed for the night. We were in Tahoe doing outdoor activities all day, and went to dinner at night. By the time we returned to our room after dinner the front desk was closed and we didn't have a key to our room. They never notified us of the system being fixed via phone, we would have easily came and got the key, they never left a key anywhere for us or confirmed we were able to access our room. We called the number of the resort which connected us to their sister resort in Scottsdale, they were unable to help us. We had to sleep in our vehicle until the morning when a maid let us in our room! I have left several messages with management and not one return call. Unacceptable for them to leave before making sure all guests were able to access their room, especially since it wasn't our fault the key system was down in the first place.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
7  Thank 713alexah
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Super convenient location, beach access is a plus (5 min walk from hotel), and the room was clean. It was strange that there was a mini-fridge, sink and microwave but no kitchen-type stuff. Just a couple of glasses would have been nice, and either some paper towels or a towel by the sink. Also only one chair in the room (there was space for two). So if you were thinking you could make coffee and eat something easy for breakfast, that isn’t really the case.
There is great hiking if you head away from the lake and keep going behind the shopping mall. I think it’s a new park (it was hard to find much info about it online) but you go up pretty quickly and get great lake views.
All that said, for the expensive and busy area this place was quiet and not too pricey. If I had to come back to South Lake Tahoe, I’d stay again. But I’d probably go back to another part of the lake.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank 480kristenf
Reviewed 6 August 2018

My daughter and I drove from the coast to Tahoe for a few days, no plans, no reservations, just planed to stay where we ended up. Three Peaks was a real "find", we were completely surprised at how good the place was. We drove in, asked if there were rooms available, the woman at the desk, Sierra, was super friendly and knowledgeable, got us into a king suite, 2 rooms, 2 beds, huge balcony, everything was more than expected not to mention the private beach which access to was included in the room price. In the morning, we decided we'd stay another night and operate out of that location for another day. We went to the front desk where we talked to the 2 people at the front desk and as a result of that conversation, we decided to leave and not spend another night. If that conversation would have been more pleasant, our rating probably would have been "5". We decided to check out, which was fine, no plans, no reservations. We are going back in a couple weeks and have reservations this time and looking forward to it.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank john b
Reviewed 3 August 2018

Well kept and updated hotel in S. Lake Tahoe. Great family type rooms with small kitchen and sitting area. Sofa bed is actually comfortable for a couple of nights sleep. The hotel is pet friendly and it has designated pet rooms. The staff is friendly and helpful.The location is a big plus because it is walking distance to many attractions and the beach.
The pool deck area is nice and a good size. Rates are fair and comparable to independently owned hotels in the area. Inquire about all the fees that can be added on to their advertised nightly rate because they will give you a more accurate nightly price.

Room Tip: No elevators. The upper floor rooms have one or two sets of stairs to climb.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 August 2018 via mobile

I normally trust the aggregate ratings given by travellers on Tripadvisor but there is no way this should be 4 stars. The entire hotel is in need of a major cleaning and maintenance. Waiting to ceck in, i observed a disabled guest in a wheelchair trying to get the receptionist to get housekeeping to come clean his room. He said he called at 1030 AM and it was now 4pm. The receptionist was very rude and defensive, telling him housekeeping was gone for the day and that there was nothing she could do
Further, she said he he should have put ou his door tag asking for housekeeping if he wanted cleaning. It was terrible to witness this kind of treatment. I would have left right then but i had unfortunately prepaid for my stay. I stayed in a studio king suite and the carpet was so filthy I was afraid to take my shoes off. The AC was feeble and I couldn't open the window as there wasn't a screen and I didn't want mosquitos to fly in. The hotel's website invites guests to watch DVDs in the suite and when I didn't see a DVD player, I asked reception about it. They responded later that there are no players in any of the rooms, and where did I see such an amenity listed? Also, they called me on my cell phone to tell me this as the receptionist said the hotel's phone system for calling room to room is broken. Later that evening I met a guest staying a floor below me leaving at 9pm. She said water was coming through her ceiling and she had to evacuate her room. The hotel was full so she was going to drive home. We tried to make the best of our stay and tried to fix quick meals in the kitchen. No toaster or cutting board...pretty basic stuff, right? The room itself is dated and tired, evidenced by all the cracked tiles and wobbly sink and shower knobs and shower door handles. Seems to me the hotel thinks that as long as they allow dogs (for a fee), they don't need to provide a clean comfortable place for the doggie owners. Spend your money elsewhere!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple