1,200 results
All reviews bedroom villa full kitchen heavenly gondola ice restaurant heavenly village valet parking time share grocery store washer and dryer marriott vacation club pool area within walking distance per day movie theater concierge desk timeshare property large pool
Reviewed 26 February 2017

It's right on Stateline. One minute walk to the casinos. Shops and restaurants all around. The gondola right outside the door to Heavenly. Rooms are nice with a kitchen. Several BBQ's outside. The swimming pool was heated and being used. Four hot tubs located next to the pool. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gary M
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2017

Gary, thank you for a perfect review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here in South Lake Tahoe. We hope you will join us again sometime.

Reviewed 25 February 2017 via mobile

Im currently at the hotel reception waiting 30 minutes for the check in and apparently it is overbooked. This is so disappointing since it is 2 am and my boyfriend and I and exausted from the long trip. It is unacceptable that a hotel getsboverbooked. What reservations are for? I would not recommend this hotel whatsoever. So far nothing has been decided or resolved. We have only three days to enjoy the stay and unfortunately it is already terrible as it can gets. The worst part is that we emailed the hotel 2 days prior to our arrival informing of the late check in due to the flight hour and nobody bothered to check the overbooking. Seriously disappointed. This is the worst experience i have ever had with any hotel we have stayed at.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jéssica Z

We apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing during your stay. Please contact Customer Care directly at 800-860-9384 or customer.care@vacationclub.com so we may assist you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed 18 February 2017 via mobile

We are MVCI owners in Spain and swapped a week in Europe for a week in Tahoe.

The usual Marriott VCI standard we have come to expect but with the added benefit of being an excellent location right at the Gondola to take you up to Heavenly.

A great location. Stay here. You will love it.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2017

Galen, we are so happy to hear you are enjoying your Ownership. Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We look forward to your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

There are pros and cons to this place and ultimately it depends on what you're looking for and what you think is worth the additional cost compared to nearby accommodations.
The pros: The units are very large, the one bedroom even had a separate TV/sitting room, decent size kitchen, and dining room. There are grills outside, a heated pool, and a hot tub. It's also right next to the gondola.

The cons: You are forced to valet park, thus there is an additonal $30/day tax on your stay and that kind of thing infuriates me. The units aren't necessarily 'nice', it's budget hotel grade furnishings, and there are lots of little things I found odd like the tiny soap dish in the shower that can't hold soap and your shampoo; it makes you think no one running the hotel has ever stayed in the rooms because it is all obvious little annoyances. To top it off when I went to check out they refused to hold my bag for me while I went to get breakfast, which is the first time I have ever been told that.

So, you'll end up paying close to or over $100/day versus the next door hotels and if you're not going to use things like the extra space, kitchen, or grill/pool I would strongly recommend other nearby options that you can still walk or take a short shuttle to the gondola.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
3  Thank Alex W
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We hope to have the opportunity to deliver the 5 star experience on your next Marriott Vacation Club stay.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Our stay here was great! Anyone that would rate this place less than 5 stars is just crazy.

Check in was smooth and easy. The lady that helped me took the time to show me a map of the property and was very helpful.

The ski lift is 5 yards from the lobby, making snowboarding super easy and fun.

The room had a washer and dryer! A friggin washer and dryer! It had a full size fridge, fireplace and even a dishwasher.

I would love to stay here again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
MarriottVacationClub, Customer Care Manager at Marriott's Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Thank you for a perfect review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Marriott's Timber Lodge. We look forward to your next visit.