1,419 results
All reviews beer garden base camp live music fire pit granola hot tub cool place fun hotel bunk beds adirondack chairs corn hole ping pong boutique hotel continental breakfast heavenly village across the street heavenly gondola
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Quick anniversary trip. Very clean room. Enjoyed the Beer Garden, hot tub and am coffee. So close to everything we needed for our night away. Great staff. Assisted with pre arrival surprise. Bed was so comfortable!!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 September 2017

This was the place we hoped it would be. Easy to find, convenient to all of our plans, and beautiful. Rooms were clean and simple, but exactly what we needed. We loved the rooftop hot tub and overlooking the gorgeous mountains. Having a Beer Garden was great and super fun. Everyone was nice and pleasant. We enjoyed the hotel just as much as our trip.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Richard J, General Manager at Basecamp South Lake Tahoe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay here at Basecamp! I am so glad you had a wonderful time and enjoyed the simple aspect of our property. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the beer garden as well during your stay. Thanks again for your kind words. I hope your travels bring you back this way soon!

- “so glad you our staff made your stay at Basecamp pleasant”

Reviewed 27 September 2017

The general idea is cute but it is not very well executed. Booked a deluxe room but that is NOT what we got. No handsoap when we arrived had to go chase down housekeeping to get some. No cups for water to take vitamins or pills so had to go get those from the front desk when we had to have our key cards reactivated. Photo I saw appeared to have a small fridge but this room did not. Also no microwave to heat popcorn or anything. No shampoo in the dispenser and conditioner was almost out and spitting, as was the body wash. The bed was AMAZING though, very comfortable!!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us. Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. I have shared this information with our team and we are looking at ways to alleviate these problem areas. We always appreciate feedback from guests, and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 26 September 2017

This is a hip place - the beer garden, airstream, hot tub, and common rooms are great for socializing with friends. I wouldn't recommend it as a solo/business traveler, however. The wifi is very poor (they warn you when you check in and blame it on "mountain weather" but it was clear skies and I had great wifi in other hotels in the area, so I think this is a lousy excuse). I'd love to come back with my boyfriend or as a girls' weekend, but as a solo traveler it felt awkward to be alone in the social spaces as people were in groups (this isn't a shortcoming of the hotel). The room was nice and warm on a chilly evening. The free coffee and hot chocolate in the lobby was a nice touch. Overall, I'd recommend.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay here at Basecamp! I am so glad you had a wonderful time and enjoyed our hip property in the center of South Lake. The guest really do enjoy the hot tubs and beer garden so we are grateful that this added to your stay. Thanks again for your kind words. I hope your travels bring you back this way soon!

- “so glad you chose Basecamp as a getaway during your stay in Tahoe”

Reviewed 25 September 2017

Great place to stay, near all the shops and casinos. Great hot tubs, nice bar with live music. Decor was so cute. Nice size room. Will be back to visit again. Want to stay in the tent room, feels like your outside but you are inside a room.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the fantastic review of your recent stay here at Basecamp! I am so glad you had a wonderful time and enjoyed the decor of the property. Thanks again for your kind words. I hope your travels bring you back this way soon!

- “I agree that the "Great Outdoors" room feels like you are camping”